November 18, Love

Love in the sweltering heat of a Tennessee night (My sister & Greg)
"I wouldn't want to live a life without faith, and I wouldn't want to live a life without hope. However, in spite of how wonderful, important, and life-changing both faith and hope are, they pale in comparison to love."


From the moment I was born, I was loved.  I had a mom that showed her love by her daily care giving.  I had a father that showed his love by providing for his family.  I had a sister that showed her love by letting me play with her Barbie dolls one time.  I had grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins that all showed their love for me.  The love of my family created the foundation for which the rest of my life would grow from.  

Today I watch those same family members and get to witness the love that they also bestow on others.  My sister didn't take the easy path when it came to finding love, but down rocky roads and lots of tissue boxes, she found it. My parents love has evolved through the years and weathered more storms than I hope lay in the forecast for Scott and I.  My grandparents (Vic & Florence) prove love can outlast anything; the death of a child, heart and knee surgeries, grey hair, wheelchairs, and they have carried their love with them into the nursing home.  They still hold hands as they sit in their wheel chairs, side by side.

I have been lucky in love. I have been able to give my heart to others and have a received a few hearts in return.  With Scott, I felt a different love.  It was a familiar, comfortable, safe, mind altering, intoxicant, seeing cartoon hearts floating around his head, two-way street kind of love, that I knew I was never going to give up.  Having our baby, I learned there is another type of love, the protective, mother-bear, "I will do anything to protect you," mind-blowing, we created this child and by-golly we are going to love the heck out of him, empowering kind of love. 

I have girlfriends that I love.  I have places (Cough*Jackson Hole*Cough) that I love.  There are holidays that I love, and a favorite pair of jeans that I love.  If feels good to love.  It feels good to be loved.  It feels good to have strong emotions and to be able to express those strong feelings to those around you.  

For those people that aren't afraid to give their heart to others and those who take great care with those hearts that are given to them, for my ability to love so strongly...I give thanks. 

Like this blog, leave a comment (or tell me what you are thankful for!)!  Feedback makes me happy! :) 

  

Comments

  1. We also LOVE Jackson Hole and are headed there for Thanksgiving!! I'll tell the Tetons hello for you and no doubt get a picture or two under the antler arches. Happy Thanksgiving to your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More