November 12, Little Things

Camping outside of Yellowstone, 2009
As I sat down to write my nightly "giving thanks" blog, I was amazed at all the "little" things that I am blessed with on a daily basis.  To start with, I woke up this morning in my warm bed, next to my loving husband.  I was able to pack him breakfast and lunch, help him locate his "missing" belt, wallet and brown shoes, and get him out the door to work.

Around 7 I heard the stirring begin in the next room and a few moments later a little voiced yelled,  "MaMa."  I made P and myself breakfast, and picked up the house a bit.  Before 9am, I realize I am luckier than most of the people of the world.  I have a home, food, and loved ones right here within arms reach.    However, I didn't stop giving thanks there.

My grandparents are now living in a nursing home.  I bundled up the baby and we met my mom to visit little Florence and Vic.  My grandparents aren't physically the same people they used to be, and at moments they aren't the same people mentally either.  But, they are still here.  I can kiss the top of their silver heads and tell them I love them.  They ask about my sweet husband and tell me how precious Paisley is.  They may not be like they "used" to be, but they are still here.  I am grateful there are places like nursing homes that can meet their needs and allow us to visit.  I am grateful that I have been given this much time with my grandparents and that they have gotten to know Scott and Paisley.

Mom and I are on top of Christmas shopping this year!  With coupons in hand, we went from store to store seeking bargains and marking names off lists.  We shopped until we didn't have an extra arm or stroller handle to hang another bag.  We grabbed lunch at Panera and by 2pm, Paisley was ready to head home.  For leisurely days with my mom, shopping for gifts for the people I love, I am so grateful.

As Paisley and I got home, we were greeted by the delicious smell of pot roast in the crock pot.  Scott came home from work and by 5pm we were sitting down to dinner.  The boys wrestled on the floor while I closed down the kitchen for the night.  Pajamas were put on and Paisley curled up in his crib for the night.

Scott and I donned our swimwear and slipped out in the wintry night air.  We slid in to the hot tub for the first time this season.  The sky was clear as glass and a splattering of stars shined down on us.  Scott asked what I was going to blog about tonight and I responded, "This...right here."  It's the little moments that make our lives what they are.  If you take the time to really think about everything we have to be grateful for, it is almost overwhelming.

For each morning we wake up, for the food we cook, for the laughs and smiles of our loved ones, for all those "little" moments that equal one amazing life...I give thanks.

Like this blog, leave a comment (or tell me what you're thankful for!)!  Feedback makes me happy! :) 

Comments

  1. Love this! And wishing I had a hot tub to slip into myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More