November 16, Weekends

It's the weekend! Get crazy!!!!!
Weekends just feel different than weekdays.  There is the feeling that anything can happen and you can do anything you want....I mean after all, you don't have to work the next day.  Even though I don't work 5 days a week, weekends still feel better to me than weekdays.  Maybe it's because I get to spend two consecutive days with both my boys?

On the weekends I get to sleep in drink my coffee a little more leisurely than normal.  Scott and I always make a big breakfast on Saturday morning.  It's a tradition we have had since we were dating.  Who doesn't want to eat their weight in golden fluffy pancakes smothered in maple syrup served with a side of crispy bacon?  After the dishes are cleaned and put away we always talk about what we want to accomplish for the day.  Maybe it's yard work, maybe it's basement stuff, or maybe it's just a trip to town to pick up some odds and ends.  Whatever it is, we do it with a smile and a little more pep in our step, after all, it's the weekend.

On Saturday night we "try" to stay up late enough to watch Saturday Night Live.  Depending on who the host is, we may even try to stay awake for the entire episode.   Crazy, I know.  Once a month Scott and I slip away from the kiddo and have some "adult" time.  We'll catch a movie, go to a non-kid friendly restaurant, or hang out with kidless friends.  It's so good for us to have some Scott/Kara time!!

As the weekend engulfed us this evening, the Fish3 headed to one of our favorite local taverns for dinner. We all had the "weekend is here" attitude and I went ahead and had the waitress add a little Bailey's to my coffee. Yep, I'm crazy like that.  As the baby curled up in his crib, Scott and I cozied up on couch to watch a little television.  Tomorrow it's a day of errand running and preparing for the holiday week ahead.  Sunday we're talking about a husband/wife date to a hockey game.  Weekends may not be the fast paced, loud and crazy time they used to be, but they are peaceful, fulfilling and leave me me a happy heart...for that, I am thankful!

Like this blog, leave a comment (or tell me what you're thankful for!)!  Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More