November 7, Sweet Melodies

Excellent bassist (the one on the left) :)
I'm pretty sure my mom had ear phones on her stomach during her pregnancy.  I came out of the womb with a love for music. Growing up, my mom had the Doors playing constantly!  She was a stay-at-home mom, so literally all day, I listened to the Doors.  Every. Album. All. Day. I could sing every one of their songs by the time I was 10.

My Grandfather had a jukebox that he played.  His taste was a bit more dated than my moms, but I still enjoyed listening to his selections.  The song I remember most was Elvira.  He's no longer with us, but that song is.  Hearing it makes me smile and remember my time with him.

My parents offered to take me to my first Bonnaroo.  If that isn't encouragement from your parents to love a variety of music, I don't know what is.

Scott and I had known each other 14 days when he asked if he could buy "us" tickets to the Austin City Limits music festival.  Never mind the fact that the festival was 5 months and 4 states away.  Music was an ingredient to our bonding as a couple and was there as we fell in love.

I am proud to say that my little fish has a love for music that matches his Mommy's love for music.  When he wants his radio on, he will pump his fist (yes, we really taught him to fist pump).  Once I get the music going, he will want me to hold him and dance with him.  We spend a lot of time dancing around his room.  Currently he has Robert Plant his CD player.  I don't play nursery rhymes or other little kid type Cd's, it's all music from my own collection.  If it's good enough for me, it's good enough for my boy.

During the day, I keep the Coffeehouse radio station playing through our tv.  Throughout the day, P will be walking by the tv, stop to listen to the music, and bend his knees in his stiff manner of dancing, and shake his cloth diapered bottom.  It happens numerous times throughout the day and it makes me smile.  Baby loves his music.

Since music elicits happy feelings and memories for me, I am hoping it does the same for Paisley as we listen to so much music every day.  I want him to look back on our days when he is 35 and remember dancing with him Momma and singing along with Norah Jones.  For happy feelings, for instilling memories, for talented musicians that share their gifts with us...I give thanks.

Like this blog, leave a comment (or tell me what you're thankful for!)!  Feedback makes me happy! :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More