November 15, Modern Day Conveniences

Who needs a camera anymore? Thank you iPhone!!
Yeah....I realize I fell a day behind.  However, I have an excellent excuse...so my favorite television show (Nashville) is on Wednesday night at 9pm.  My husband and I like to be in bed by 9...so we set the dvr and went to bed.  When Thursday night rolled around and the baby went to sleep, we caught up on the previous nights episode.  So by the time we watched Nashville it was bedtime and I was too sleepy to blog.  See...excellent reason! :)

So yesterday morning, we I woke up when P decided it was time to get up (at 6am).  Scott woke up to the sound of his alarm.  As I shuffled my sleepy feet around the house, programming the coffee pot and turning on my hair straighter, I clicked on the TV to see what late breaking news was happening.

After getting ready (it was a working day for me!) I hopped in my car and off to work I went.  At work I sat in my warm cube, in my comfy swivel chair, and interacted with a group of smart, professional, and entertaining women.

After work it was back home to cook up dinner and settle in for a quiet night with my boys.  It's easy to not give a second thought to all the little "luxuries" we have access to, and rely on, in our every day life.  For the phone that doubles as my Scott's alarm clocks, camera, and keeping us in contact with friends and family, for the coffee pot that bring us energy in liquid form, for the hair straighter that keeps me from looking like a cavewoman, for the television that tell which roads to avoid and whether to grab our heavy coat or just a puffy vest, for the cars that drive us from here to there safely, for the laptop that allows me to share my thoughts, and for the dvr that records my shows so I can get to bed at a decent time...I give thanks!

Like this blog, leave a comment (or tell me what your thankful for!)!  Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More