|Our sweet 2 yr old|
Birth Stats 24 Month Stats
6lbs. 5.9oz 26lbs. 8oz (30% for weight)
19 inches long 36 inches long (90% for height)
Less then a week from our return home from the hospital it was time to celebrate 2 years of life with our baby boy. Last year we had a fairly big party but this year celebrating a week and 1 day after having a baby I decided to scale down on the festivities. I don't think Paisley noticed.
He is really into trains and tractors right now so we went with a tractor theme. We had both sets of grandparents, Scott's brother and sister-in-law and their 2 kids over for the party. My sister was out of town so we had to celebrate with her prior to his birthday.
|The cake (chocolate and delicious!)|
|Time to open gifts!|
|Playing with his train table|
It's been a busy past 6 months for this boy as we have moved and welcomed his baby sister to the family. Overall he has handled these adjustments pretty well.
He wakes in the morning around 6:30. He is still in his crib so he will call for Mommy or Daddy to come get him. He typically asks for a "huggy" (hug) and wants his "blankie" (blanket) to follow him out of his crib. He instantly wants to eat and will usually get toast/bagel, yogurt, fruit and scrambled eggs. He loves to have bites of whatever Scott and I are eating, especially if we are eating cereal.
He loves to play with his toys and often asks Scott and I to "pay" (play) with him. For his birthday we got him a Thomas train table and he'll say "Table, Go?" This is his way of asking someone to come play at his table with him. He also got a TeePee for his birthday which he loves to show anyone that comes to our house.
He takes 1 nap a day and it usually happens around noon. He'll want me to sing to him just for a bit, then he'll go lay in his crib. He will sleep about 1 and a 1/2 to 2 hours.
He loves routines and his nighttime routine consists of brushing his teeth, giving daddy a kiss good night, taking a couple big drinks of water, getting rocked and sang to for about 5 minutes, saying his prayers and down he goes. I pull his blanket around him and make sure his 2 stuffed monkeys are in bed with him. He doesn't make a peep when I leave. He will then sleep the entire night.
|He LOVES his table|
-He has really gotten attached to his blanket, pillow, and stuffed monkey's. It's pretty much a disaster if he realizes they are not near him throughout the day. Luckily, he knows they don't leave the house with him unless he is spending the night at Nana's.
-He talks constantly and can and will say any word he hears. He just recently started saying 2 or more words together. Scott was getting a little nervous that he was only saying 1 word, but then suddenly he started using 2-3 words at a time.
-He uses the potty 90% of the time. The other 10% I'm cleaning dirty diapers. When he is in the bathroom he asks to have the fan on and door shut. He likes his privacy
-He has started enjoying television. His favorite shows are Noodle and Doodle, Thomas the Train, and The Chica Show. I usually let him watch those 3 shows once a day. They only last about 10 minutes (without commercials) so he is actively watching about 30 minutes of television a day
-He flirts with girls like no 2 year old boy should
-He just recently started voicing opinion about what he wants to wear, asking to wear bear (GAP) or pony (Polo) shirts
-He is polite and uses "please" and "thank you"
-He has an incredible memory and brings up things that happened weeks ago
-He will eat anything, but loves fruit, pizza and tacos. He's not big on sweets (which makes me wonder where he came from)
-He recently learned that we all have names besides "mommy" "daddy" etc. He thinks it's hilarious when he calls me "Kare-wa" or Scott "Fee-sha" (Fisher)
-Recently started saying "no" when I ask him to do something (this is promptly followed by a corrective behavior)
-He loves books and wants to be read to constantly. He favors books about trucks and interactive books about matching and/or finding objects
-He finds his daddy most fun to play with but comes to me for hugs, kisses, snuggles, and lullabies
-He has a little lisp when he says "Yeth" (yes)
-He pronounces his name Pay-zee and his sisters name Li-Wa
|Long and Lanky|
|His "I'm not listening face"|