November 6, The Freedom to Decide

My deep thinker...some decisions are more important than others
I think everyone knows today is election day...well unless you live under a rock.  And if you lived under a rock, I doubt you would have wifi and a laptop to check my blog.  Nor do I think I blog about topics that people that live under rocks would be interested in.  But, I digress.  Where was I....oh yes, today is election day.  Maybe you noticed?

Of course I am thankful for my right to vote.  I remember turning 18 and being so excited to exercise my new found right.  I was thankful to have a voice, to have the ability to share that voice, and that my voice was being heard.  But tonight I want to give thanks for so much more that my ability to decide who takes office next.  How about the basic freedom to get an education, to choose my religion, to choose whom I married.  I have the freedom to drive a car, to travel the world freely, to watch whatever news station or reality show floats my boat.  I choose what clothes I want to wear, how to raise my child, which friends to surround myself with.  So many choices that are mine to make.  Right or wrong, they are my decisions.

Each morning we all have a choice to make.  We can wake up with a smile on our face and realize everything that we have to be thankful for.  I hope tomorrow morning you wake up giving thanks...I know I will.  For the freedoms that I have and the abilities to decide what is best for me...I give thanks.

Like this blog, leave a comment (or tell me what you're thankful for!)!  Feedback makes me happy! :)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More