All about the Little Boy

Sometimes I forget this tiny boy isn't even 2 years old.  He shows more love and empathy towards people than those 10x his age.  He'll give a smile and wave to anyone who'll make eye contact with him.  He has a tender spot for the elderly and people in wheelchairs.  At the same time, this is the boy that asked to be put in his baby sisters crib, then peed on her sheets.  He's a tiny little pistol, full of mischief and curiosity, and 100% boy.

As we near his 2nd birthday, I can't believe he's been around as long as he has.  I still stare at him in amazement and can't believe he is my baby.  Every day he is spouting new words and bringing up something we did days ago.  His memory is sharp as a tack and if he's heard you say something one time, you better believe that word or phrase is now a part of his vocabulary.

He has handled moving to the farm like a pro.  He's always liked coming out here and seeing the barn, tractor, and riding the 4-wheeler.  Now that we live here, he acts like we live at Disneyland.  We've been here 6 nights so far and every morning when he wakes up he'll say "FARM" and smile really big. We ran to the old house the other day and he stood at the door and yelled "farm" the entire time.  It's safe to say he likes living out here and doesn't miss the old house at all.

His sleep cycle has gotten a little messed up with the move, but I think we turned a corner last night.  He still goes down between 8-8:30.  Last night as I laid him down, he didn't make a peep and just curled up with his blanket and went to sleep.  He made a yelp sound around 5:30am but when I looked at the monitor, he was still sound asleep.  He woke up for good around 6:30, which is fine by me.

This kid is already eating so much I'm a little nervous what his teenage years are going to be like!  Now that we live on the farm, there are plenty of  outside "snacks" growing that he helps himself too.  He eats sour grapes and gooseberries like they are candy, he picks blackberries and pops them in his mouth, I even caught him snapping green beans off the vine and chewing on them.  Sure they may not be clean, but at least we know they are free of chemicals and all that other stuff.  Dirt never hurt anyone, right?

Scott and I wanted to expose Paisley to more children his age so we enrolled him in a 5 week Kinder Musik class.  It was excellent!  At first Paisley was very shy and wouldn't get off my lap to get any instruments or participate in the activities.  By the 2nd class I could already notice a change in his behavior with others and by the final class, the kid would happily stroll across the room (without his Momma) to receive an instrument from the teacher.  It made me so proud to see him grow and become more sure of himself.  We plan on enrolling him in a longer course after the new year.

Paisley is content playing on the floor with his toys, but he always likes to know where in the house "Mommy" is.  I can't help but smile as I'm putting clothes away or washing dishes and hear a little voice yell "Mommy" as his feet slap the wood floor and he comes searching for me.  He often asks me to "read" and grabs his "bankie (blanket)" and hops up on my lap.  He loves reading about mommies, daddies, baby sisters, trains, and big construction type trucks.  His favorite toys are anything Thomas the Train (or any train) and tractors.  Like I mentioned before, he is ALL boy and if he isn't talking he is making truck noises.

Paisley knows he has a baby sister on the way, but of course he doesn't grasp the fact that she is going to turn his world upside down for a few weeks.  We talk about her living in mommy's tummy and he will often offer food or drink to her via my belly button.  He goes into her room and will say her name and often points to the front door and says her name, as if asking if she is going to come through the front door.  We have a book that talks about a baby sister living with the family and we have read that book at least 100x to him.  We are trying to prepare him as much as possible for her arrival.

He is happiest when he has his mom and dads full attention and he loves going to visit his grandparents, aunt and uncle.  Scott and I occasionally share him overnight with family, but for the most part we are a little stingy with our boy.  As we get ready to welcome our baby girl, I've been holding our little guy a little tighter, kissing him more (now he gets 200 kisses a day instead of 100)  and telling him I love him throughout the day.  I just want to reassure him that even though our lives are about to change, that he is so loved and so important to our family.  I am so in love with my little blue eyed angel and can't wait to see him fall in love with his baby sister.  I just hope he doesn't try to feed her sour grapes for awhile or to pee in her crib while she is in it.

Like this blog?  Leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)

 
  

Comments

  1. Such a sweet post! I'm sure he will be amazing with his little sis! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Mistakes or Something More

Loss