November 9, My Momma

My Momma and Me
You know how parents should put the needs of their children in front of their own? Well that's how my Momma lives her life.  Not only has she always made my sister and I her priority, but also my father, and my grandparents.  She literally takes care of herself after everyone else has been taken care of.

The other day she gave me a compliment without even realizing it.  She told me it made her heart happy to see me raising and loving Paisley in a very similar fashion to the way I was raised and loved.  For her to compare my parenting and nurturing style to hers made my heart happy, because you see, my momma is the most loving and giving person to ever walk the earth.

Today wasn't the easiest day for her.  Today she put my grandparents in a nursing home.  For years, she has been their sole caregiver.  She handled taking them to medical appointments, she assisted in getting my wheelchair bound grandmother in and out of bed, she took care of the groceries, of their hygiene, of their frantic calls at 2am when someone had fallen out of bed.  She took care of every detail, everyday, for years.  She was their chef, their chauffeur, their errand girl, their daughter, their everything. It got to the point she couldn't do it any longer, they needed her 24/7.

This evening as my grandparents are tucked away in their new home, my mom is caring for her little grandson.  I imagine she is either chasing him around her house or letting him splash up a storm in the bath tub.  Either way, she is loving on him and hopefully he is helping her keep her mind from thinking about her parents.

I wouldn't be the loving, compassionate, empathic mother and wife I am, if I hadn't had her as my role model.  For her house cleaning, porch sweeping, cookie baking skills she passed on, and the enormous amount of love she gives to those around her...I give thanks.

Like this blog, leave a comment (or tell me what you are thankful for!)!  Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More