From Our Table to Yours, Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Eve with a squirmy little turkey
On Thanksgiving Eve, the Fish3 packed their bags and headed to my sisters house for a slumber party. My mom and dad joined in on the festivities and before you know it, aprons were donned and the food was cooking, coffee was flowing, the little guy was squealing up a storm, and we slipped into the spirit of Thanksgiving Eve.  Spending time with my mom and sister while the little guy runs around at our feet feels like "home" to me...even if I'm not in my own home.
What do you mean I don't get to eat turkey tonight?
The boys all retired to their rooms while the girls manned the stoves and timers.  A little before midnight I had to throw in my chefs hat as this Momma is typically in bed by 9:30!
Teaspoons make great teethers
At 7am, our little dumplin wanted to get the Thanksgiving party started.  My sweet mom and sister watched the little guy while I went back upstairs and crawled back into bed next Scott!  It's not very often we can relax in bed in the morning, alone!
Warming up the pan
We had a light breakfast in preparation of a large lunch!  We owe a big thanks to Pinterest for providing us with numerous recipes that were served the previous night, Thanksgiving morning, and over lunch.  With the Macy's parade playing in the background, we enjoyed the sun filled morning and swapping stories.
Turkey cutting time!
Lunchtime was upon us, we filled out plates and gathered in the dining room.  My sister blessed our food and turkey consumption 2012 began!  It didn't take long for our plates to empty and pants to fit just a little tighter.
Full and happy!
After clearing the dishes and gathering our belongings, it was time for us to head to our next destination, Scott's parents.  We are so lucky that our longest drive time between houses was only 20 minutes!  Now that is some holiday travel that I don't mind at all!
Our little blessing
At Scott's parents we ate more delicious food and watched Paisley play with his cousins.  A day full of family is a day that fills my heart with love and peace.  The Fish3 are so lucky to have both sides of our family to spend this time with.
Thanksgiving 2012
Five years ago, I remember being so excited that Scott had invited me to his parents home to spend part of Thanksgiving with his family.  At that point I had no idea that they would become my family and that I would give them a grandchild.  Today I am so lucky to have these in-laws as part of my family and to spend my holidays with them.

These memories and traditions that Paisley gets to have with both sets of grandparents make my heart soar.  These are the sweet parts of life that help us get through the rough times.  These are the memories that we'll look back on in 40 years and smile about.  These are the things that I am so very thankful for.  I don't deserve all these blessings, but I am so happy to have them.  

Like this blog, leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

Simple Mistakes or Something More

Loss