Today Show Fan of the Week!

I've never been so excited to see my own face!
A few months ago as the Today Show was wrapping up the hour of Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb (Hoda Coffee if you're my 2 year old), they mentioned submitting a photo for a chance to be the "Fan of the Week."  The next day the kids and I took a few photos of us watching the show and submitted them.
Fans!!!!
Fast forward a couple months and I was driving down the road when a strange number called.  Typically I don't answer random numbers, but the phone call from NYC caught my eye.  When the voice on the other end said they were with the Today Show, I nearly hung up on them thinking it was a prank.

The caller explained I was a finalist and I would need to be available to Skype with KLG & Hoda the following Monday.  I was given instructions on e-mailing additional information and a few additional photos.  I was so nervous and excited while speaking with her!

Monday rolled around and we excitedly answered the Skype call.  It was their sound technician and a producer that made sure we were all systems go.  At this point I was still assuming I was just a finalist and was instructed that I would know if I was the "Fan of the Week" when they spun the globe and whoever popped up was the winner.    They were all super friendly and kept saying "we hope you are the winner!"  I was anxious and the kids had no idea why we were staring so intently into the computer!
It's us!!!
Finally it was time for the segment and with excitement we watched the show and suddenly our faces popped up!  It was awesome being able to talk to KLG and Hoda and I was super glad the kids behaved and didn't do anything crazy!! Of course I had lined the table with their favorite snacks and fruit slices to keep their little hands and mouths busy.

Here's the segment!

http://www.today.com/video/mom-who-loves-klg-hoda-surprised-as-fan-of-the-week-699798595538

I was super nervous that I would not get the correct answer to the question they asked in regards to Hoda's book, but luckily I nailed it and won a trip to Ft. Lauderdale!  As quick as the segment began we were saying our good-byes and I stayed on the line to exchange details with the producer.

After hanging up I attempted to reach Scott to tell him the good news.  He was in a meeting and didn't answer my call, but first received a text from a friend in Texas that he had just saw me on the Today Show.  I thoroughly enjoyed receiving texts and calls from family and friends that had seen the show and I even got recognized by strangers in our hometown grocery store on a couple different occasions.

My 15 minutes of fame may be over, but Scott and I are looking forward to our trip to the beach this fall!  Being on national tv was exciting and fun and I'm so glad I took a chance and sent them a couple pictures.  The downside is Paisley and Lila think we're good friends with KLG and Hoda and ask frequently when we're going to Skype with them again.


Today I am linking up with Polka-Dotty Place https://polka-dottyplace.blogspot.com for Tuesday Talk!  Stop by her page and see what she's reading this summer!  

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you wrote about this! I was curious ever since I saw your Instagram post. That's fun you are a local celebrity :-D Hope you enjoy your trip this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I am looking forward to a vacation this fall!! Who knew being a fan of a show could pay off??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a celebrity!! I love that you won and that you were on national TV with your cute kiddos. I enjoyed watching your segment and am thrilled you get to go on a special getaway. You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm not going to lie, it was humorous to have someone come up to me in the grocery and say "Aren't you the girl from the Today Show?" I'll never have it happen again so I'm totally soaking it up!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More