My Blue Eyed (little/big) Boy

Hello there little guy
So there's this 32 lb. boy that wakes me up each morning.  Typically he goes to his daddy's side of the bed, but if he doesn't feel good or he's had an accident, he'll come to my side.  He typically says something like "The sun is up!" or "Is it time to get up?"  He likes everyone to be out of bed and the blinds to be opened.  This happens between 6:30-7 each morning.

He appears with groggy blue eyes that despite showing sleepiness still hold a hint of mischievous.  His hair is a disheveled mess of light brown with a sprinkle of golden hairs that look like spun silk.  His dinosaur jammies are getting shorter on his long legs each day, showing just how quickly this little guy is growing.
Snuggles

This sweet little boy has eyes that are bigger then his stomach.  He likes to fill his bowl with cereal or oatmeal, but has a hard time eating everything he "thinks" he needs.  He has his picky days where nothing momma makes sounds good, but we can always count on him to eat fruit when nothing else sounds good.  If I ask him what I should make for dinner, he always asks for spaghetti.

Paisley is a busy boy!  Each week we attend story time at the library, he has school 1 morning a week for 2.5 hours, and each week he has a special play date with Nana while Lila and I go to KinderMusik.  He is doing an excellent job in school, getting stars for knowing the Pledge of Allegiance, his address, my phone number, the alphabet, counting to 10, shapes, colors, etc.

On the farm Paisley likes to be outside riding the 4-wheeler  or playing at his sand table.  With the winter season upon us we are indoors more often then he'd like.  In the house he can be found driving cars, trucks, tractors and combines around and around, complete with a variety of vehicle noises.  Occasionally I'll see him sneak one of his sisters baby dolls and he'll hold it gently and stare at it.


His favorite toys are anything with wheels and his favorite book is the "Little Blue Truck" series.  He loves listening to his dad and I read books and recently he got his first computer (Innotab 3s).  He'll spend 15-20 minutes playing with it before he moves on to the next thing.  He has a V-Tech camera that he loves using.

Paisley is his little sister protector and biggest annoyance.  He gets nervous if we are getting ready to leave the house and Lila isn't right by us at the door, often saying "Don't forget Lila!"  *Side note: We have never forgot Lila so I'm not sure where this concern comes from.  Each day they play so nicely side by side at their little kitchen, only to end up in a screaming match seconds later because someone won't share the plastic bagels.  He gives her hugs and kisses un-prompted and always kisses her good night.

He is a daddy's boy!  He can't wait for his daddy to get home from work and won't leave his side once he's here.  He loves wrestling and playing rough with his daddy.  During the day he is becoming an excellent helper to me.  He helps with laundry, the dishes, and vacuuming.  I think he likes having chores.


My boy has a very sweet heart.  Daily he tells me "Mommy, your the best mommy."  He also randomly tells Scott and I that he loves us so much.  He is very aware of our emotions and doesn't like when either of us are upset.  That being said, he knows exactly how to test our patience!

Likes:
School
Playing outside
Animals
Reading

Dislikes:
Sharing
Bedtime
Getting his hair cut

I love our nighttime routine!  About 7pm we get him in jammies and brush teeth.  Then we read books or play a game on his computer.  Between 7:30-8 he gives his us kisses before I rock him and sing 1 song.  We head to his room and say prayers before I tuck him in.  He has 2 monkeys that get tucked in next to him and 2 blankets I have to cover him up with.  Most nights we don't see him again until morning, but every great once awhile we'll wake up in the middle of the night to find him staring us in the face (that's creepy).

There are moments when we are talking about our friends and family that I forgot I'm having a conversation with a 3yr old.  In the same minute he may throw a tantrum because Bubble Guppies is over.  He's sweet and rotten, he tender and rough, he's thoughtful and selfish, he's my little/big boy that I love so much.


Comments

  1. Paisley is such a sweet, loving, caring, thoughtful,precious little boy. Matt and I are so Blessed to have this special boy in our lives. We Love him so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

Simple Mistakes or Something More

Loss