Our baby looks like a Gummy Bear

Baby P at 8 wks 4 days

February 15 (10 weeks)- Scott and I had our first Drs. Appointment last week and we got to see little P! If I had to compare it something, I would say it looked like a gummy bear with little nubkin arms and legs. No, it didn’t have ears like a gummy bear, but everything else looked very gummy bear-ish. The heartbeat was strong, 170-something beats per minute. The little arms also looked like P may be taking a boxing class. I was just so happy to see a healthy looking baby and hear a healthy heartbeat. Our u/s tech was so nice and caring. It was a relief to have the appointment go so well. While it was a relief, it is so hard to just let all the worries go out the door. There are still a million more things that are going to happen to this baby before P is ready to come into the world. Fingers crossed and with a dose of faith, those million things will go smoothly!!!

P continues to dominant areas of my life such as what I eat and when I sleep. I can tell my clothes are already tighter than normal and I worry that people at work will think I am just letting myself go! It’s probably from P or it could be from the daily bagel and cream cheese I had while on vacation? I am trying to get out and walk every day that the weather lets me. I also got a good dose of exercise while in Tahoe, and that felt great! I did break down and buy a Belly-band to wear around my pants when the time comes. I am going to try and hold off as long as I can before wearing it though. I don’t know when other ladies with bumps switch to belly-banding her pants but 10 weeks just seems too early for this girl!

Our next appointment is March 7. They won’t be doing an u/s unless we request it, so we won’t get to see our little gummy bear again for awhile. In other news, one of our groomsmen called and told Scott his wife was expecting September 8! That’s 4 days before our due date! I was wondering if there was going to be someone that was due around the same time we are. I like to know there will be someone else going through this experience at the same time I am.

I am feeling pretty good (besides the pudgy factor). Morning sickness was never an issue, but evening sickness has become a regular in my life. Right around 5pm, I will get so hungry, yet nothing sounds good and the thought of food makes me want to vomit. It’s the strangest/ickiest feeling ever. I am good about making myself eat and I have yet to throw up. But still, it’s just an awful feeling that I look forward to putting behind me!

P’s favorite things; Juice, chocolate milk, grapes, sugar free crème wafers.

Like this blog? Leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy!! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More