Full Hearts and Easter Baskets

She dyed most of her eggs pink
The week of Easter we kicked off the holiday by dying Easter eggs.  I made the comment to Scott that most crafts and activities seem to be getting easier and easier each day with the kids.  My mom has been apart of the egg dying process since becoming a Nana, this year was no exception as she showed up on the farm with a carton of eggs in hand.   
The lovely Lila
Saturday morning we took the kids to their first public egg hunt, held at the community center of our little town.  I was a little anxious for them as I wasn't sure how they would do racing against other kids for eggs. Luckily, all I had to do was tell Lila there was candy in the eggs, and that prompted her to hurry along and grab as many of the brightly colored plastic eggs as possible.  

He doesn't look like a fierce hunter, but watch out!
We've discovered that Paisley has a competitive streak in him, so after explaining that he had to be quick to get some eggs, he sprinted off to an area of the egg hunt that the other kids hadn't reached yet.  Both kids did great in their age group and Lila won a pink Build-a-Bear bunny.  As we were leaving Paisley said "Can we do this again next year?!"  I call that a successful egg hunt.

My blessings
Saturday night we headed to a church I had not been to before.  We have yet to find a fit that brings us back week after week, but we had heard good things about this one.  Scott had to work so Nana filled in and helped keep the little ones from coloring in the Bible.  The service and music were wonderful and I love the questions it prompted the kids to ask later that night and throughout the rest of the weekend.  I look forward to returning for another service!    


The next morning I was up before the rest of the house cutting fruit and baking the traditional bunny shaped dessert.  This year I went with a dark chocolate brownie with a mocha frosting.  It tasted fantastic and continued to taste wonderful the next few mornings as I snuck a few bites while sipping my coffee.  
Rotten eggs
Our first stop was my parents house.  My mom should have been a professional decorator as her holiday decor is always festive and beautiful.  The kids had an egg hunt before gathering around the table for a feast.  My mom and dad brought down baskets for everyone and the kids were beside themselves with excitement.  They were just as excited about new socks as they were about the candy.  
Family
Time slipped away from us as we enjoyed the beautiful temperatures outside and enjoyed being with loved ones.  We strapped the babies into their car seats and it was time to head to Scott's parents house. 

Candy and Cousins
We've never taken for granted the short drive between our families home.  40 minutes in a car each holiday is something we can happily make happen.  The fun began again as the kids had an egg hunt with their cousin.   As the last few eggs were found, a huge thunderstorm rolled in, forcing us all indoors.  The exceptionally warm 77 degree day dropped to low 50's as we finished eating dinner.  


The kids received baskets from their grammie and the adults were able to catch up as the kids played.  The storm finally passed and it was time to head home.  The babies were crashing from the sugar and excitement of the day and were more then happy to slip into jammies and get to bed.  
Family of 4
Before Scott and I went to bed, I went and gave the babies kisses.  I like going to sleep with the images of them peacefully sleeping and having just kissed their sweet little heads.  Scott and I reflected on each part of our day. Having both of families to spend this holiday with.  Having children that are healthy, thankful, loving children.  Being blessed with so much more then what we deserve.  We don't take any of it for granted.    

I hope each of you have more blessings then you can count 
and the good fortune to realize it.  
Have a great week!!




Comments

  1. I love looking at your blog! You've got such a sweet family! We go to CFC and love it! There kids program is amazing! Let me know if you all go a Sunday morning and we could grab lunch after! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you all went to CFC!! Were you there Saturday night? That would be awesome to meet up with you all one Sunday! We're road tripping the next two weekends but after that I hope to catch another service!! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and it was so good to hear from you!!!

      Delete
  2. The church search is so hard! We're taking a break right now with the new baby, but it's a little exhausting to put yourself out there and put your kids in a new environment every weekend. Here's to hoping we both find church homes in the near future.
    I always get anxious with the egg hunts because the big kids tend to get so many eggs and Olive is still getting the hang of it. She got 5 eggs at the hunt we went to this year and was pleased as punch. It was a good reminder for me that it doesn't take much to make these little people happy and a basket full of eggs was not required for a good time. Glad you got to pack in so much family fun. Your bunny cakes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about the church hunt!! Scott and I have different priorities in regards to a church home, so finding that perfect blend isn't as easy as I hoped.

      Little people are pretty awesome about enjoying the small things aren't they? Just think next year you'll have 2 interested in the egg hunt!!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More