Weekly Wrap-Up!

The weekend is barreling down on us like a runaway locomotive and we are ready to jump on and take a ride!
Just a swingin'
The weather this week was warm and cold and rainy with wind.  We spent the warmest evening soaking up the sun and letting the breeze blow our hair.  The kids could spend hours on their platform swing squealing with delight and yelling to hear their voices echo off the big red barn.  We long for the days of warm spring and summer weather to spend hours at a time outside.

Craft time!
Big box store dollar bins are great places to find holiday crafts for the kids.  This week they painted  ceramic bunnies.  This is the point I realized I need to find painting smocks for the kids as paint doesn't always come out of clothes.  I also realized that sometimes the kids would rather paint empty cardboard paper towel rolls instead of cute bunnies.  You live and learn.

That little hand....
This week my girl reminded me how little she still is, yet how big she's trying to be.  Despite her attempts to give up her daily nap, one day I found her in her bed, under her covers sound asleep.  I hadn't even mentioned her taking a nap?  A few minutes after I found her asleep she called for me and I picked her up, laid down on the couch with her on my chest, and there she slept for over an hour.  It had been months since she slept on my chest.  The weight of her, the sound of her breathing, and the warmth of her little body against mine were pure bliss.  I had missed that....  

As for her being a "big" girl...we are completely done with diapers.  Who would have thought that is something I would be sad about?  Last night was the first night her bed was kept dry....we won't mention the fact that when I went in her room this morning she was sleeping completely naked with about 8 pairs of pants laying in her bed with her (who knows what she was doing?).  For the record, she did have pajamas on when I put her to bed the night before.

Before the hat was christened....
Funday Friday involved us going to the zoo for a final glimpse of the orchid escape!  We had the place to ourselves as it was a cold morning and most people don't venture to the zoo on mornings like this.  It was all fun and games until a duck pooped on Paisley's head.  Luckily he had his hat on....but I think going forward he will be leery of walking through the jungle-like areas.

Mmmmm.....
After the zoo it was off to grab a sweet treat and celebrate the end of the week and a morning with friends.  As if we really need an excuse to get donuts.

Thinking thinking thinking
The Evansville Museum of Arts, History and Science waives admission on the the first Friday of each month.  That was our destination after fueling the kids up on sugar.  We let the kids run free in the child friendly areas but strapped them into the stroller as we walked through the paintings and statues.  I was excited to see an Andy Warhol painting that I had never noticed before.  We had to get creative in explaining why some paintings depicted naked characters spearing fish. I guess you're never too young to learn that everyone has a different definition of "art."

Train car giggles
After walking through the out of service train engine and cars, we called it an afternoon and headed back to the farm.  Both kids opted out of a nap and have now emotionally crashed from their funday Friday and donut.  I'll wipe their overstimulated tears away and count down the hours until their dad comes home bringing boxes of pizza. Here's to a weekend of warmer temperatures and dry beds.

See you next week!



    



Comments

  1. What a sweet week with your kiddos. Congrats on the potty training success! I request a blog post with all of your tips since you've mastered it twice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your request is granted!! I will do my Tuesday Talk blog about my steps for potty training!! Potty Talk sounds like a good title. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More