Baby Boy gets his Wings!

Some passengers looked at us with pride while others prayed we wouldn't be seated near them.  I admit, prior to my days as a Momma, I dreaded flights that contained children under the age of 15.  Now, here were my husband and I...holding the infant in 32D on a flight from Louisville to Atlanta. 

We thought about this trip long and hard.  Do we travel with our 3 month old or sit this vacation out?  It had become a tradition to spend every other Thanksgiving in Florida.  If we decided on going, do we drive or do we fly?  So much to think about and with the price of airfare rising by the second, we purchased our airfare and prayed Baby P enjoyed the trip. 

The drive to Louisville wasn't bad.  P slept the entire way.  As we got comfortable in our seats on the plane, I quickly pulled out my Hooter Hider and let P enjoy a mid-morning snack.  My plan was to do whatever it took to not have a screaming baby.  Down the runway we went and soon enough we were air born.  The flight was a little under a hour which was fantastic.  We had about 20 minutes to go when P started working on a fuss.  You know a fuss is coming when his entire head turns bright red and he squeezes his lips together to form a tight line.  I quickly learned what the fuss was for as he opened his mouth and shot projectile milk all over me.  Let me clarify; I was sitting next to the window and milk got on the window, on my shirt, on my scarf, in my hair, on my pants, soaked through to my underwear, on my cowboy boots, and last but not least, the purse that was nestled between my feet.  And suddenly baby was happy again.  I on the other hand now smelled like a rotten dairy farm.  Thank goodness we were landing soon.
As we got comfortable in Atlanta waiting on our flight to Tampa, I took the opportunity to clean up and Scott got Paisley down for a nap.  Who needs a pack-n-play when you have a carry on suitcase full of clothes?  It was the perfect bed for Dumplin! 

The flight to Tampa was less eventful which I was thankful for.  We touched down and welcomed our babe to the Sunshine State.  We hopped in our rental and hurried off to meet up with my family.  After all, it was Thanksgiving and we had a seafood dinner to eat!!
Happy Thanksgiving from Florida!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More