Thank You

The end of the year brings with it a look back on the past 365 days. This year will go down in our family history book as being one heck of a roller coaster ride. From surprise to elation, to excitement and fear, to dread and anticipation, to hope and relief. Some of you have been with us from the beginning. For you, I write this blog…

This year has been a learning experience. To name a few; I learned how to be a stronger person, how to be a better friend, and how to support the ones you love, and I learned these lessons from some of you.

When complications from my pregnancy first arose;
-For those of you that met me at Starbucks and helped quiet my fears
-For those at you that would come into my cube and pray with me for health and peace
-For those of you that brought fruit to my desk “just because”
-For those of you that dropped your work to sit with me when I couldn’t stop crying

THANK YOU

During my six week of bed rest at home;
-For those of you that stopped by just to say “hi”
-For those of you that brought a meal or snacks
-For those of you that did laundry and cleaned my house
-For those of you that sent a card or package

THANK YOU

During my 6 weeks in the hospital;
-For those of you that came to my room for a visit
-For those of you that called, sent an e-mail or text
-For those of you who brought lunch or a treat
-For those of you that sent goodies to the hospital
-For those of you that took wonderful care of me and my growing family

THANK YOU

Throughout it all;
-For those of you that answered my plea for prayers
-For those of you that never gave up hope
-For those of you that encouraged me that all would be fine
-For those of you that I’ve never met, yet joined us on this journey

THANK YOU

The depth of my gratitude is not describable in words. I appreciate you. I am thankful for you. This journey was better because you were on it with us. And you have made me want to be more like you; to support those in need.

Difficulties in life sometimes bring out the best in people, and I have seen the best in many of you.
Thank you

Comments

  1. Kara, how Wonderfully said! It was a year of sadness and happiness! The support you got from so many was unbelievable. Scott and you were so strong, I often wondered how you found such strength. My mom always told me you never get more than you can handle. I believe this is true. I am wishing you, Scott and that precious baby a Wonderful New Year!!!! Love you all!!! XOXOXO Momma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More