April 27


In the beginning-Austin City Limits Festival 2007
Four years ago today, I met this blonde haired, blue eyed guy in cargo shorts. I was instantly drawn in by his cute smile, positive attitude, charming ways, funny stories and his hot body didn't hurt either. I would even swear I heard trumpets playing from the heavens above as his eyes locked with mine. He charmed me over coffee, took me out for pizza, and I never wanted the night to end. I gave him my number and drove away with my heart set on hearing from him in the near future.


Bonnaroo! 2008
 Three years ago today, that same boy whisked me away to St. Louis for our year anniversary. We stayed at the Millennium which is one of my favorite hotels! We had a great view of Cardinal stadium and spent the weekend walking around the parks, zoo, shopping, and enjoying being together. As we cozied up in the room that evening, a knock came on our hotel door. There was a white jewelry box on a silver tray. Inside was a beautiful heart shaped diamond necklace. It was officially the best year of my life.

Two years ago today, Scott made reservations for us at the Red Geranium, in New Harmony, IN. When we arrived he wanted to go into the roofless church. I had never been there before and was happy to explore it. As we walked in a light mist started to fall. Scott and I walked under a grove of trees and started talking. A week earlier, Scott and I had been wrestling and he had broken a hair clip of mine. I didn't care, but he made a point of telling me he would get me a new one.

Yellowstone National Park 2009
Now, under the grove of trees, he says, "I have something for you." He pulled out a hair clip that looked exactly like the clip he had broken. I laughed and told him he didn't have to do that, but it was sweet of him. Then, he said, "I have something else for you." I figured it would be the 2nd clip because they always come in packs of 2! At that point, he got on one knee and said, "Kara Elizabeth, will you marry me?" The shock I felt at that moment was unlike anything I've ever experienced! I thought he was kidding! I stared at the very sparkly ring he was holding in front of him. I asked if he was kidding a few hundred times...at which point he asked if I was going to answer him. As I said "YES!" my arms wrapped around him and his around me. We laughed and maybe even shed a tear or 10. We eventually made it to dinner that night and even later he gave me the 2nd clip. Not only had he given me an amazing two years, but here was his promise for an amazing future as well.
Winter Park Colorado 2009

One year ago today, we were in full wedding mode as we were 3 months away from walking down the aisle in Grand Teton National Park. We revisited the Red Geranium and the roofless church, standing in the same spot we had stood in exactly 1 year prior. As we stood there reminiscing on the past 3 years, we couldn't believe not only how quickly time had passed, but how much life we had squeezed into 3 years. We talked about our future and dreamt of where we would be one year from that moment. We daydreamed about the events of our wedding day and couldn't wait to say our "I Do's."

Today….we are less than 20 weeks away from giving birth to our first child. The past 4 years have brought us together, shown us love like we have never known, joined our lives together forever in the most beautiful ceremony I've evern known, and created a new life. It's funny to think back to that first year anniversary. As he fastened the necklace around my neck, I couldn't imagine loving him more than I did at that very minute. Today, the love I have in my heart for him is immeasurable. I can remember exactly how I felt the moment I first saw him…as if my world stopped revolving and all that mattered was the smile on his face. Had you told me than that I was looking at the face of my future husband, father to my children, I would have laughed and wondered if I could be so lucky. Today, I can't imagine any other life than the one I live with him. I can not wait to see what the next 4 years will bring…

Grand Teton National Park 2010
 Like this blog? Leave me a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

  1. What an Amazing Journey you and Scott have had. The depth of the Love you 2 share is evident. Just what until that Baby gets here, and Baby makes 3!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Momma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More