The GREAT Gender Reveal!!!!

What started out as a normal appointment turned into anything but normal.  I've told Scott there isn't any point in him taking off work to go to the appointments without an ultrasound because all that happens is I talk to the Dr. and the Dr. listens to the heartbeat.  No big deal.

My sweet Momma refuses to let her baby (that would be me) attend a Dr. appointment solo, so she came with me.  As the Dr. walked into the room, with excitement in her voice, she asked if we learned the gender of the baby yet.  With a confused look on my face, my response was "no?"  She then just looked at me and smiled.  She then goes on to say that the results were on the blood test that I had recently taken.  While she sat there with a smirk on her face, I asked, "Do you know what we're having?"  And with a smile she said, "Yes!"  I immediately told her not to tell me since Scott wasn't with me.  There was no way I was going to know the gender of our baby before him.  She came up with the idea of writing it on  piece of paper and sending that information home with me in a sealed envelope.  That was a plan I was super excited about.

As she stepped out of the room, my mom looked at me with tears in her eyes and couldn't believe we were about to get this wonderful information.  My heart soared as I thought about our evening ahead and that we would know life altering information in such a short time.  As the Dr. came back in with wide eyes, she said, "You are going to kill me." Turns out, the test results didn't have the gender listed as she had previously thought.  She felt so bad for getting my hopes up that she said she would do an ultrasound immediately and I WOULD be going home with the gender results today.  Not one to argue, I was quickly on the u/s table with goo on my belly.

This was the first ultrasound my mother had seen in 30 years.  Needless to say, she was pretty impressed with the improvement in technology.  She got to see her little grandbaby.  It was laying facedown so we got a great view of its perfect little spinal cord.  You could see each vertebrate.  Amazing!  The baby was moving its little arms about and more tears sprang to mommas eyes as she watched the little one move around.  The tech told us to turn our heads as she was traveling south and didn't want us to the babes goods.

She found what she was looking for, printed off  a picture, and sent us on our way with a sealed envelope that said "Surprise" on the outside.  Mom was as excited as I was and even though I knew she wished she could find out immediately what the picture revealed, she didn't even try to get me to open the envelope or let her sneak a peek.  She's so good!

As I got in the car, I excitedly called Scott and told him I had our babes gender in my hands.  He couldn't believe the events that had just taken place and that the gender mystery would come to an end that very night.  I think he may have hurried home quicker than ever before.

As I drove home, I said silent prayers that I wouldn't get in a wreck and the precious envelope would fly out the window.  I made it home safe and sound and patiently waited for Scott to pull up.  As he came in the door, we hugged and laughed and sat down on the couch.  He jokingly asked if I wanted to wait a few more days.  Then he ripped open the envelope and there it was....a picture of our PERFECT baby BOY!!!!!!!  

Comments

  1. Reading that brought the tears back to my eyes. Seeing the Ultrasound made it real!!!!! Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo.....I am so excited for you guys. I know I am a little slow but I did not know you had a blog. It is so fun to hear how you are doing. You are going to be one cute mama!! Little boys are the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More