Giving Thanks for our Little Turkeys

With each holiday that passes, I want to fill the memory banks of our children.
Our Foursome
Thirty years from now I want them to look back on their holidays growing up and remember the love, the traditions, and to tell there own families about them.  As they get older and experience more Thanksgivings, I was to put an emphasis on how much our family has to be thankful for.  Even though I am truly grateful year round for the all the blessings in my life, there is something about the month of November that really makes me look at all I (we) have.
My side of the family
Last year I blogged everyday in November about something I was thankful for.  I would have loved to have done that again...but I was a little shorter on time this year, I was busy holding a new blessing in my arms.  Next year I'll be a little better at managing my time and wrangling two youngsters.
Nana and her babies (and a lot of play food)
On Thanksgiving we headed to my parents house for lunch.  Now that they have officially moved into the new/old home, we get to celebrate our holidays in the big house.  Mom had it decorated so cute and festive and the meal she had prepared wasn't too bad either!  My paternal grandmother and her sister also joined our family for the celebration.

Paisley loves to go to Nana's house and "play."  She recently found the play food from my childhood and Paisley is a big fan of "cooking."    Nana is a good sport and "eats" many of the goodies her little tot prepares.

Lila enjoyed her first Thanksgiving.  She watched us gobble up the turkey and dressing and I'm pretty sure she would have helped herself to a large plate if she had better control of her hands.

After filling our bellies it was time to head to Scott's parents.  Despite having already full stomachs, we found a way to eat just a little bit more.  Paisley enjoyed visiting his Grammie and Pappaw and spending time with his cousins.  By this time of the day, Paisley (like any toddler that hasn't had much of a nap) had a short fuse and wasn't really interested in listening to his parents.  We didn't stay too long after dinner and headed home around Paisley's bedtime.
Love

Scott and I were amazed to think it was just 3 Thanksgivings ago that we were 4 months into marriage, had suffered a devastating loss and were curious as to what the future would hold for us.  Three years later our arms are full of little ones and we are looking ahead to celebrating 4 years of marriage.

With smiles on our faces and food in our bellies, we climbed into our warm bed.  With our 2 healthy angels right across the hall sleeping soundly, we couldn't have been in more thankful.

Like this blog, leave a comment!  Feedback makes me happy! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

Simple Mistakes or Something More

Loss