One Month of Lila Liz

In the blink of an eye a month has passed (September 9, 2013).


At Birth            1 Month
7lbs 5oz            10lbs 1oz
19.5 inches          20 inches

Every morning I hear my little "Dolly" rustling around and soon after she fusses for me to come scoop her up and give her kisses.  Actually she wants me to feed her, but I like to think she wants to cuddle.  There's not a set time she gets up, but more often then not it's around 6am.  After an early breakfast and diaper change, she'll fall asleep again until around 8.

She's a pretty easy baby as long as my boobs are accessible.  She eats like I have never seen a baby eat before (this means you can most often find me sitting on our couch with the boppy and Lila on my lap).  As long as she has a full belly, she is a happy baby!  She sleeps most of the day and prefers to sleep on my chest as opposed to anywhere else.

Her night schedule hasn't been established but she typically goes down around 9pm and wakes to feed around 2 and 4.  She puts herself back to sleep quickly after eating, and I am back in bed within 45 minutes of getting up.  She slept in our room in her pack-n-play for the first 5 nights we were home before we moved her into her crib.  She didn't seem to mind or notice that she was no longer sleeping in our room and I didn't mind having to walk across the hall to feed her.  I am handling the sleep deprivation much better with her than I did with Paisley.  Maybe its because I knew what to expect this time?

She is not a fan of tummy time and has rolled over from stomach to back 1 time.  I think it was a fluke because she hasn't attempted to roll over since.  While doing tummy time she is pretty good at holding her head up and in a stable position for a decent amount of time.

Lila knows the voices of Scott and I and will follow us with her eyes.  She also has giggled, well it's a high pitched, breathy sound, but I assume it's a giggle.  She does it in her sleep while smiling and she also does it while smiling at the ceiling fan.  Watching the ceiling fan is currently one of her favorite activities.

She wore newborn clothes for about 2 weeks before I felt they were getting tight.  While it was bittersweet putting away the tiniest of clothes, I was excited for her to begin wearing her cute 0-3 month clothing.  I haven't put her in cloth diapers yet, but plan on doing so fairly soon.

Lila loves having her diaper changed and if I also take her clothes off, she does the "starfish."  She'll throw her little arms out wide and straighten her legs, therefore looking like a little starfish.  She starts coo-ing often while naked, making me think she likes feeling the cool air on her bits and pieces.  She doesn't mind taking a bath as long as she has a full belly.

She has an awesome grip and often pulls my hair while I hold her.  She's also good at holding onto fingers.  She'll put weight on her legs and will briefly support herself if you put her in a standing position and she will solve basic math problems when asked (ok, I'm kidding about the last part).


While she doesn't get the complete undivided attention that her brother got when he was her age, she isn't lacking in the love and attention area.  Not only does she get kisses from 2 loving parents, but also from a big brother.  He's been pretty good with her, although sometimes if he's feeling the green eyed monster take over, he'll thump her on the head.  This doesn't go over well with his father and I, so it doesn't happen often.

She looking more like me with each day and her hair is still on the dark side. She also has a darker skin tone than Scott or I.  We love our little dolly and thinks she's the perfect caboose for our family.

Like this blog, leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More