The Lovely Lila at 2 Months

At Birth           2 Months
       7lbs 5oz        12lbs 9oz (90%)
19.5 inches 23 inches (70%) 

She's quick with a smile and will tell you she's good (Ahhhh Goooo) as you make eye contact.  She's taken an interest in her brother, her eyes following him around the room.  She'll smile at him from a distance but the closer he gets, the more apprehensive she appears (smart girl). 

She continues to be an excellent eater, demanding a meal every hour and a half or so.  She burps like a full grown man and smiles in relief immediately after.  She will talk your ear off as long as you let her.  She loves holding eye contact and cooing and gooing.  She loves having her diaper changed and continues to do the "starfish" as soon as her diaper and clothing come off.

She's sleeping very good and I continue to be amazed at how different her sleep habits are from her brothers.  She is up for the day between 7am-8am.  She'll nap on and off during the day, but is having longer awake periods with each passing day.  She'll go down for the night around 8:30 and will lay in her bed and talk to the camera monitor for 10-20 minutes before closing her eyes and falling asleep.  I love watching her settle in for the night and I'm so thankful she can put herself to sleep.

On a good night she will sleep until 4 or 5am, eat for 20 minutes and fall right back to sleep.  On a bad night she will throw a 2am feeding into the mix.  While I love sleeping all night, I don't mind those 2am feedings.  It's a peaceful time that I get to spend with my baby.  I love how her rocking chair is next to a large window that allows the moon to wash over her face as I feed her in the early morning hours.  The only sound are the grain bins drying the corn.  It's a soft hum that I will miss once this season is over.  She does not like the snuggle wrap and will pull a Houdini and get her arms out, know matter how tight I make it.

She's in 3 month clothing but 3 month sleepers are tight length wise.  She is wearing size 2 diapers and I occasionally put her in cloth diapers during the day.  At her pediatric appointment, the Dr. was full of praise of our healthy and chunky baby.

Paisley has affectionately picked up the nicknames "Lila Bean" and "Chubawub" for his sister.  I don't think the 2nd name will be welcome once she's a little older.

Lila has good head control and has conquered sitting in the Bumbo for short segments of time.  She continues to hate tummy time and will scream her way through it.  She hasn't rolled over except for the one time I previously mentioned, although at night in her crib it appears she's trying awfully hard to get on her stomach.  She's got a grip like a snapping turtle's mouth and can find a chunk of my hair with her eyes closed.

She likes being held and if you lay her down when she wants to be held, she will scream as loud as any grown woman can scream.  She loves to snuggle and loves to bury her head in the crook of her daddy's neck.  She's an affectionate little thing and quickly lets you know when she needs a snuggle, snack, or dry diaper.

It's a crazy feeling looking at her tiny face and knowing that is what I looked like 32 years ago.  I love that I get to raise my future best friend.

A few of her firsts;
1st camping trip (more details in another post)
1st Fall Festival on Franklin
1st time to eat at a restaurant (Los Bravos)

Like this blog? Leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More