Details Details...



Someday I’ll look back at this wedding planning event and I’ll try to remember those stressful days and little details that kept me up at night. O.k, to be honest, this process hasn’t been stressful and the only reason I’m losing any sleep is because I am so excited about this day! It’s actually been way easier than I ever dreamt. Maybe it’s because we are getting married in the most perfect place ever? Or maybe it’s because Scott helps with the decisions? Or maybe it’s because we’re both so low key there’s just nothing worth getting in a tizzy about?

Days after the engagement, my sweet momma purchased a wedding planner for us. It has defiantly helped keep me on track and provided me with helpful tips and new ideas. With right at 6 months to go, I “think” we have everything pretty much under control. Of course we still have a little bit of a “to-do” list;

1. Table Names-We already know our tables will be named after peaks and canyons in the Tetons. We need to pick our 11 favorite names and create the name display.

2. Cut wine bottles-I don’t want to give away too many details for those guests attending, but our centerpieces are a little do-it-yourself project with wine bottles. If anyone has any advice on cutting glass, please supply it!

3. Practice making bouquets-My bridesmaids were thrilled to hear we would all be making our own bouquets the day of. O.k, maybe “thrilled” is a strong word. After numerous ridiculous quotes on floral arrangements, I decided we would take it upon ourselves and make our own. How hard can it be? (wink wink)

4. Create place cards-How else are our guests going to know which mountain peak they are sitting at if there isn’t a place card to tell them?

5. Create programs-Pretty self explanatory.

6. Work on welcome baskets! I’m pretty excited about this because we have some super cute ideas. Lets just say the gift basket is very location appropriate.

7. Officiate-This is a pretty big deal…but for some reason I am procrastinating. I really don’t like the idea of randomly picking some guy to marry us. Unfortunately I don’t know anyone that is ordained???

8. Hair & make-up-I can’t really have someone practice on my hair until we get out there. So this will remain on our list until “wedding week.”

9. Plan the rehearsal dinner-As of right now, we’ve got our fingers crossed for renting a pretty awesome condo the week of the wedding. If we get this condo, we will be able to throw our rehearsal dinner there, because the place is HUGE and has 2 beautiful decks that overlook the Tetons. (I REALLY want this condo…)

10. Last but certainly not least….the Honeymoon-Scott and I are completely flexible about what to do, we just can’t figure it out. Of course we would love to stay out there and relax in the mountains and enjoy the scenery and atmosphere. At the same time, should we do something completely different because it is our honeymoon? Say…jetting off to an all inclusive resort in the Caribbean? We know whatever we
do will be amazing…

And that’s it! Those are the items on our list that still need to be accomplished. Sure there are some tiny things that aren’t on the list that we need to do (send out invitations…) and I’m positive more things will be added as time goes by. Overall, I say we’re in a good place right now. Did I mention that I love planning our wedding???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More