Time with Momma



One day a week, my office lets us head home a couple hours early. Yesterday was my day to hit the door at 3pm. I had called momma earlier in the day and asked if she wanted to meet for coffee at one of our favorite destinations…Borders. Of course she was up for it and by 3:05, we were sipping large steaming mugs of mocha.

As we picked up a few magazines to read, we started talking about the wedding. (It couldn’t be because I had a stack of wedding magazines sitting on my lap…) I love that she is as excited about the day as I am. She has offered her opinion and advice without being pushy or condescending. She patiently listens as I discuss to-do lists and turn emotional at the most ridiculous times.

As the wedding talk wrapped up, we discussed the latest “news” in US Weekly and O.K. Magazine. Yes, those gossip filled magazines are a guilty pleasure that go hand in hand with our coffee. We feel bad for Elin and wish Kate and her eight would drop out of the public eye immediately. And why exactly do we care about the Kardashians??

As the sun started to descend, we headed home. I stay most nights at my parent’s house and the weekends at my future home with Scott. Once mom & I got home, we played round after round of doubles solitaire until we were victorious.

As I climbed into bed, mom came in to say good night, as she has every night I’ve spent under her roof. I can’t believe in a little over 6 months, I’ll officially move out. It’s a bittersweet feeling because I love spending time with mom & dad (dad was at the office in Illinois last night). On the other hand, I couldn’t be more ready to live with Scott and fall asleep next to him every night. Like I have wished a million times already, if only I could split myself in two…

I love my coffee dates and evenings playing cards with mom. I hope someday in the future when Scott and I have little ones, I can create and maintain the same relationship my mom and I have. She is an amazing friend and an even better momma.

Comments

  1. Love this blog!!!!! We still get to enjoy our coffee/Magazine dates. Only now we have to find a new spot since Borders is closing:( Love you Kara, Momma:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More