Ups and Downs

As mentioned previously, the wedding planning is going fabulously. That being said don’t think the planning hasn’t caused a head scratch or two. Let’s talk about lodging…

The family and I will spend the week of the wedding in Jackson, WY. Naturally, we don’t want to stay in a hotel that entire time because who wants to eat out for every meal. So, we began the process of looking at condos. Out of the Heavens appeared a place that looked perfect. The price was good, the pictures were fabulous, and it appeared to be open on the dates we need. The condo was actually the penthouse of a resort in the middle of the town of Jackson. It was with great excitement that I called the rental property company and left a very excited message.


I learned early on in the wedding planning process, that customer service may not be what it used to be. I wasn’t surprised when the company didn’t call me back that day, but after 3 days passed…I began to get a little agitated. Wouldn’t a company want to rent their property and make a little money?? I called someone in town that I thought could shine some light on the mysterious rental property. Shine some light she did! The place isn’t even built yet!!! Apparently they started it last year with the intention of completing, but with the economy the way it is, the building process stopped quicker than a Toyota at a red light! Back to the drawling board I went….

While the hunt for lodging is still underway, there have been some extremely wonderful developments in other areas. Let’s talk about music….

Scott and I bonded years ago over our love of music. There isn’t a particular type or style we like, we just love music. As our hunt for a band to play on our wedding day got underway, we quickly realized that bands in Jackson aren’t cheap. It was mildly discouraging that a group of 4-5 people would expect so many thousands of dollars, for just a few hours of music. The ones that didn’t want thousands of dollars didn’t even bother to respond to our quote request. Where was that customer service I mentioned earlier?

Scott and I got used to the idea of having an IPOD reception. While it wasn’t ideal, we could pick the songs we liked and knew they would be performed perfectly! The ballroom we are getting married in has all the set up and it would go off without a hitch.

Then I got an e-mail from a gentleman named Phil. He had responded to my request for a quote a few months back, but his band was out of Scott and my budget. Yet, here he was e-mailing me again to ask if I was still looking and if he could be of any assistance. My heart soared. Was someone taking an extra step to potentially gain a customer? I responded back to him as quick as my fingers could fly across the keyboard. He had attached a sound clip that gave Scott and I goose bumps while listening to. He was perfect for us.

We agreed to have Phil play the ceremony and then he will be joined with a another gentleman to play and sing throughout the cocktail hour and dinner. That only leaves 3 hours of IPOD music, which is actually music to my ears. I couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out.

Next time I’ll tell you about my wedding planner…both of them. 

Comments

  1. It is your wonderful KARMA Kara that good things always seem to fall in your lap!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More