His Day, the BIG 5!!

On the eve of our boy turning 5, I can't help but go back to the night in the hospital before his birth.  The clarity of the details of the evening and early morning hours are so crystal clear.  I can feel the emotions that coursed through my body and the energy of the operating room as I was quickly brought in.  I am so grateful to remember those details so strongly and welcome their visit on this one night a year.

Earlier in the day, we kicked off his celebration and headed into town.  He picked Mr. Gatti's for lunch followed by a trip to the mall to ride the carousel.  Since he will spend 1/2 of his birthday at school, I wanted to let him do a few fun things the day before!  I'm pretty sure he thinks 2 days of celebrating are the norm!


Our sweet 5 year old birthday boy rolled out of bed with a smile on his face.  He knew it was a big deal to be 5.  I swear he even looked a little taller!  He requested breakfast at Denny's and Nana and Papaw met us there, bringing a gift or two.  After breakfast we headed back to the farm to get ready for school!


He was very excited to take Paw Patrol cup cakes into his class!  I had mixed emotions on sending our newly 5 year old birthday boy off to school, as this was the first birthday I didn't get to be with him all day.  His excitement of celebrating at school quickly replaced my mixed emotions and a smile didn't leave my face the rest of the day.

Someone was happy the birthday boy was home from school
After school he was so proud to show me the birthday pencil and crazy straw that his teacher gave him to celebrate his big day.  We anxiously waited for daddy to come home so we could eat Paisley's dinner of choice....grilled burgers!


After dinner was over it was time for cupcakes and gifts!!  Little sister was more than happy to let her brother have the spotlight for the day and was as excited watching him open gifts as she was for her own birthday.

In the blink of an eye we were tucking our sweet big boy into bed.  His grin spread from ear to ear and I'm pretty sure he was about to pop from happiness.  Scott and I couldn't be more proud of this hard working, sweet boy and can't wait to see what he does in the future.  

Wellness visit stats  Height 3ft 6in., Weight 40lbs.

 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

Simple Mistakes or Something More

Loss