Right Here, Right Now

Current temperature on the farm is a windy 40 degrees and on the rise. By tomorrow we're forecasted to be in the 60's with sun.  I'm sure winter will wrap us in her icy grip at least one more time, but for now I'm leaving the coat in my closet and trading boots for slip-ons without socks.

Easter reads
One of the great things about holidays is the variety of children's books that come along with them.  Today I pulled out all our Easter books and put away the Valentine books.  After a year of being in the closet the kids are excited to look at and read their "new" books.  It's also nice for Scott and I to have some new reading material to read to them.  Do you have any children's Easter stories your child loves?  I'm always looking to grow their library!!

Welcome to the family
Spring is right around the corner and stores are starting to run some great sales on their winter items.  Yesterday I realized it was time for a brown boot update!  Macy's was running a sale and I scored a pair of Carlos Santana boots, regularly $167 for $55.  Even though I'm officially over boots for this season I will be more then ready to wear them when October rolls around and the world is saturated with all things pumpkin flavored.  
I heart NARS lip pencil
Last September I went to Sephora and received my free birthday gift for being one of their Beauty Insider members.  It was a great set of pencil lipsticks called NARS.  I used the Rikugien, Satin Lip Pencil pretty quickly and while I loved the color and feel, I was disappointed by the little amount of lipstick the product contained.  Fast forward to this week when I learned you can actually sharpen the pencil.  Why didn't I attempt to sharpen it sooner??

All boy
So last night as I watched my boy play on the floor with his Megabloks, I overheard him say "I need to defuse this bomb."  As he noticed me watching him play he said, "Can you call me McGuyver?"  I guess as long as we aren't going to the airport or a federal building anytime in the near future his bomb talk is ok.
All girl

And then there's little gal.  She loves to watch the NetFit video when I work-out.  Not because she enjoys working out, but because she likes "Carl" the instructor.  Some days when I tell her she can watch a show, she asks to watch Carl.  Looks like Doc McStuffins has been replaced by a body builder.  I never saw that coming.

Have a great weekend!!




Comments

  1. Love your new boots! Also, I had no idea you could SHARPEN those lip pencils. I almost threw mine away this week because I was running out and figured it was a TINY sample. Thank you for clarifying :) Our favorite Easter books are - The Country Bunny, Llama Llama Easter, Bunny Roo I love you and Goodnight Little Love. Thanks for the reminder to pull out our Easter books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! My regular eye liner sharpen wasn't big enough, so I had to locate my Clinque sharpener which was larger. Thank you for the book recommendations! Those are great Easter basket items!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

Simple Mistakes or Something More

Loss