Fantastic Friday

Typically I spend Fridays doing laundry and getting the house clean so I don't have to spend the weekend with a duster in hand.  Today I wanted to mix things up and do something different.   After breakfast I asked the kids what they wanted to do and both said "Barnes & Noble."  Last year we discovered that Barnes & Noble has a story/craft time on Friday mornings.  We hadn't been since last year and the kids had asked to go a couple weeks ago.  Our first activity was planned!

P & L's penguin craft
The store was packed and the book was"Penguin in Love" by Salina Yoon.  It was about a cute penguin that knitted his friends sweaters, scarves, and snout warmers.  The craft was an adorable construction penguin with googly eyes....those always make any craft more fun.  On our way out we passed the Easter book table.  Both kids agreed we needed to add one to our library.

Cute story and graphics!!
After leaving the bookstore with our new purchase, our next stop was the children's museum.  It was surprisingly more crowded then expected.  We spent about an hour and a half playing on and in the exhibits.  There was a new feature that contained a two-story tornado slide, a new favorite for my 2.


Paisley and Lila were running on fumes and I was getting hungry for lunch. We stepped into the sunny day and headed home.


Yesterday I saw an incredible looking cookie recipe at http://haleylogann.blogspot.com/2016/02/m-chocolate-chip-cookies.html  that was calling my name.  I forgot to stop by the grocery on the way home so I had to substitute the vanilla pudding for chocolate pudding.  They turned out delicious and this won't be the last time I use this recipe!
Heading into the weekend!!
At this point in the day the kids are completely exhausted, loaded up on sugar, and eager for their dad to get home from work.  I'm about to fix myself a second cup of coffee, grab me a 3rd cookie, and settle down in front of the news awaiting Scott to appear in the drive with pizza.  I hope you have a good weekend and mix it up a little.  Sometimes the best days are the ones that aren't planned at all.    



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More