Not so little Littles

My sweet littles
The month of February....cold air, snowy days, heart shaped decor and my babies are exactly 2.5 and 4.5 years old.    

Both kids have hit growth spurts, I'm pretty sure Lila Bean is getting close to 30lbs and Paisley is hovering just below the 40lb mark.  Both required closet overhauls, out with the old and in with the new.  I love getting new clothes for my little Valentines.

Such a good little customer
Last month Lila got her first haircut.  She had baby fuzz in the back of her hair that made brushing post shower a painful process for both of us.  I took her a little parlor here in town that I've had great luck with cutting Paisley's hair.  Well.....I think the fuzz made the cut a little more difficult than I imagined because the cut was a little shorter/layered more than I wanted.  Luckily it will grow back and she's not getting another haircut until 2025!

Grow hair grow
Paisley wants shorter hair like his daddy. His daddy keeps telling him that he needs a haircut and everyday I conveniently forget to schedule that appointment.  I want him to grow it a bit longer (think surfer boy).  I have a feeling I will lose that battle sooner then later, but until then grow hair grow!!

Good-bye crib
Lila had been asking to sleep in big girl panties at night but we couldn't take her out of night diapers until she was able to get out of bed on her own.  Two weeks ago we converted her crib to the toddler bed.  That night we realized it was the first night in 4.5 years we didn't have a kid in a crib.  That was a hard lump to swallow.  She's done a great job of staying in her bed all night and during naps.  Now to ditch diapers for good!
My little comedian
Paisley continues to love school and his music class.  He is signed up for t-ball this summer which should be entertaining.   He also requested to have his training wheels removed from his bike.  He hasn't quite mastered that skill of balance yet, but we're getting closer.  The other day after brushing and flossing his teeth, then combing his hair, he looked at me said, "I look almost 14 don't I mom?"  He kinda did.
The moment you realize you ate your entire double cheeseburger
Lila is excited about starting pre-k this fall, mostly so she can use her mermaid backpack.  She loves her music class and thinks she's older than 2.5.  She's fearless and sassy but also super sweet and cuddly.
Growing up with your bestie

Even though these milestones cause the corners of my eyes to burn and that obnoxious throat lump to form, there is nothing more magical than watching my babies grow and explore this life their father and I have given them.  In another 6 months we'll be celebrating them turning 3 and 5.  I'm sure a little bittersweet will be present as I sip my coffee the mornings of their birthday, but I'll also be thinking of the people they are now and the people they will grow up to be.        

       

Comments

  1. They're getting so big! You're blasting through such fun milestones and it's sweet that you document them. It's easy to forget the little things if you don't write them down :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More