The Month of May

The busy month of May brought a few changes to our family that made me both happy and sad.
Baby P
Lovely L
After 4 years of having a high chair at our table, we have rid ourselves of the well loved (stained) plastic chair that held our babies as they learned to eat.  We used the same chair for P and L and decided that we didn't "need" it any longer.  Lila has been moved into a booster and Paisley sits in a normal chair.  I like the extra space we have around the table now, but it was a little bittersweet to see it go.

I've retired the diaper bag.  For 4 years I've slung around brightly colored Vera Bradley bags, carrying clothes, diapers, toys, snacks, drinks, and occasionally a lone shoe.  These days I leave our home carrying a simple purse, one that doesn't have room for everything including the kitchen sink.  I admit that I miss feeling like I am prepared for anything (including whipping up simple meals to sterilizing a small child that I deem dirty) but I like the simpleness that comes with less items and less bulk.
Our home away from home
We bought a camper!!  Scott and I honeymooned in the Tetons and spent 1/2 our time camping in hotel Tacoma (the bed of his truck) and a bed and breakfast.  We slept in the back of his truck in snowstorms, thunderstorms, hot weather, and even once with a 6 week old baby.  Now that we have 2 precious little people and we don't fit quite as comfortably under the camper shell, we talked about getting a camper.  After researching our options (and there are a lot of them) and doing lots of shopping, we finally settled on a Catalina bunkhouse.  It is perfect for our family and now we are sure we can't ever go back to camping in a tent again.  We are officially spoiled.

Lila finished her semester of Kinder Musik and Paisley finished his first year of pre-school.  Both kids had excellent semesters and I can literally seem them growing, maturing and learning each and every day.  I know they don't understand the concept of summer vacation, but I am glad that we are finished with structured actives for the summer and can just play.

Mother's Day was fabulous as is most any other day being a mom.  Scott made a big breakfast which also isn't abnormal on the weekend.  I got cards and gifts and sweet little voices telling me Happy Mother's Day.  My parents and sister and Greg came over for lunch (Scott cooked) and enjoyed a leisurely meal.  Being with my family, on the farm, surrounded by love and giggles sealed the deal in making it a perfect day.

We've kept our weekdays busy with trips to zoo, the bounce houses, and having friends over for water slide parties.  Paisley and Lila love having their little splash pool filled up and playing in the icy well water for hours.  Our garden is planted and we are excited to feast on fresh fruits and veggies over the summer months.

We look forward to June which involves a couple date nights, (Kenny Chesney concert and Brew at the Zoo) birthdays, parties, and lots of time spent in the great outdoors.  Until next time....



Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful May!! Glad you got to squeeze in so much fun and I'm sure the fun is just beginning with summer's arrival. Enjoy the pool, camper and being outside :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

Simple Mistakes or Something More

Loss