8 Years Ago...

2007 - He must have had a thing for cheerleaders (thank goodness)
At 27 I was enjoying life as a single girl, working in the corporate world and traveling whenever the mood struck.  The night I met my future husband I had plans that didn't involve meeting the man I was going to marry, shoot, I had a date planned with another guy just a few days away.  Yet there we were face to face, smiling ear to ear, and talking well into the night.  Life was about to get better than I ever thought possible.  
2010 - "I Do"
I've heard people say that the first year of marriage is the roughest.  I'm going to agree, but not for the reason you may think.  Our wedding day was the best day of our entire lives, followed by the hardest blow of losing our honeymoon baby that fall.  That loss showed me that I had married a man that would hold me as I sobbed on the living room floor for months.  I was shown a man that was not afraid to show his emotions to his new wife, showing me that he felt what I felt.  I was shown that I had married a man who could be strong and gentle when I needed it most.  That first year of marriage was our hardest, but helped create a foundation of steel.

2011 - Growing our family
We knew having children would not make our marriage "better," but would add to it.  The babies came and those infant years were rough.  In the beginning we were both working full-time, the babies weren't sleeping through the night, and the laundry, cooking, and housekeeping wouldn't let up.  It was hard.  We adjusted our work arrangements.  Babies began sleeping through the night.  We learned that it's easier to work together than figure out who should take care of which household chore.  I saw my husband step into the role of fatherhood, changing diapers, wiping away tears, and rubbing my shoulders as I nursed our babies.  Another layer of our foundation was put into place as we evolved together into our new roles.

2015 - Us
As I look back on the past 8 years, there's been 3 different house and a farm, 5 different jobs, lots of vacations, and a little boy and a little girl.  We've grown together, appreciate and encourage one another, respect one another, and continuously support one another.  We are thoughtful in our words to one another, never (seriously, never) saying words that we will later regret or that can't be taken back.  We enjoy our time as a family but make sure to take time for the 2 of us.

As we raise our little people and enjoy the life we have made on the farm, we look to the future with excitement.  We make plans, we set goals, we tell each other when we've had a rough day.  We take care of one another and keep laughter bouncing off the walls in our home.  

I had no idea the night I looked into Scott's blue eyes for the first time that I would be looking into them for the rest of my life.....but I am so glad that I get too.


Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, falling in love with you was beyond my control - unknown


       

Comments

  1. What a sweet tribute to your family & your marriage. I love how you pointed out that everything you've been through has made you stronger and build a solid foundation for your future. You've had a busy 8 years together - can't wait to see what exciting things are in store for you down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Whitney!! You're comment is so sweet. I have so much to say about the 3 people that fill my heart.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

Simple Mistakes or Something More

Loss