Babies Don't Keep

Her first day of life 
I love reading fellow mom blogs!  They help me reflect on pregnancy, having an infant, and the various milestones my children have reached.  They also remind me to slow down and enjoy these fleeting moments. The other day I noticed the phrase "Babies don't keep..." on one of my favorite pages.  A million emotions were triggered with those 3 words.  It's so true.

Lovely Lila is right at 1 1/2.  She's a petite little thing weighing in at barely 19 lbs.  Everywhere we go people ask how old she is (as she walks around strutting her stuff) and always say "She's tiny!" after I tell them her age.  She can still wear 6-12 month clothing and size 2 shoes are a bit big.  Despite her tiny stature, she eats more then her brother on a daily basis!


As soon as she wakes in the mornings she wants to "eat."  This might even be her favorite word.  She tells me if she wants cereal, oatmeal (pronounced moat-meal) or eggs.  Throughout the day besides the 3 standard meals, she also demands snacks at least twice a day.  Currently she eats whatever is put in front her.

During the day I am lucky if she naps for 1 hour.  I put her down around noon and usually by 12:45 she's calling for "mommy."  I love hearing her little voice call for me after a nap.  She stands at the end of the crib waiting for me.  Her cheeks are usually flushed red and her hair is a fuzzy mess.  She says "doggy" and must grab her stuffed dog before she lets me pick her up.

At the end of the day she is ready for bed between 6:30-7.  We brush teeth, give good night kisses, sing 1 song and say prayers.  As I tuck her in her crib with her blankets and doggy she'll say "nigh-nigh" as I slip out of her room.  We don't hear another peep out of her until 7am.

She is much more hard headed in regards to potty training then her brother.  At this point we use the potty 50% of the time and use our diaper the other 50%.  I will forever disagree with anyone who says potty training a girl is easier then a boy.

Lila gets into more mischief then her brother.  She is constantly in cabinets, has dropped a few items in the toilet, and is notorious for playing in the house plants.  She likes to wear her tutus while she pulls food out of the cabinets and often asks for a bow even though she won't keep it in her hair (she'd rather chew on them).

She does fine riding in the car and will occasionally fall asleep.  She has flown to Colorado and NYC.  She's about to embark on her first long road trip as we are driving to Colorado next month.  She doesn't seem to like the cold which is quite unfortunate for her.

She loves playing with her brother and has recently learned that pulling his hair makes him cry.  She loves taking a warm bath and will lay down in the water on her belly when I try to take her out.

Her favorite toys are her dolls and play kitchen.  She pretends to eat and drink and feed her babies throughout the day.  She is very motherly to her babies, shooshing them and putting them to sleep.  She is affection with us as well, giving her brother hugs when he gets in trouble, giving me sweet hugs just because, and kissing her daddy when he gets home from work.  She loves looking through books and if she wants us to read it, she brings it to us and says "book read."

Big brother making lil sister cry
She has 3 teeth on top and 1/2 of a 4th tooth has broke through the gums.  She has 4 teeth on bottom and I can see 2 teeth in the very back have cut through.  She has recently had first real sickness complete with fever, phlegm, and puke.


Her vocabulary is pretty outstanding as well as her thinking process.  She uses 2 word sentences frequently and will repeat anything and everything.  She may not pronounce all her words correctly, but I kinda love that about her...

Paisley is pronounced "Pay-lee"
Kitty is pronounced "Kee"
Kitty Sound Meow is pronounced "mow" (rhymes with cow)
Sleep is pronounced "Seep"
Milk is pronounced "Mee-ilk"
Ok is pronounced "K"
Pizza is pronounced "pisa"
Cheese is pronounced "Cheetz"
Cracker is pronounced "Ca-Ca"

She's spunky and sweet, sassy and delicate.  She'll make the biggest mess wearing a frilly dress and a smile.  Her hair is a wild mess but to me she is the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen.  There's never a quiet moment with this little ball of fire because she is constantly talking or singing.  She may be tiny, but she is the ruler of our roost.  We can't wait to see what the Lovely Lila does with each new day.  


Comments

  1. I LOVE that 1st picture of Lila!! I hope you have that gem framed :) Glad everyone is on the mend and I love reading her stats. She is a petite little thing and it sounds like she full of spunk. It's a sweet thing to document everything about this age and I'm sure Lila will enjoy reading about herself when she gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Your post about babies reminded me I haven't blogged an update on the kids in forever. I hope someday they will enjoy looking back at posts from when they were little. I would love to see our little girls play together someday. Olive looks like a mischievous little cherub herself! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More