Light at the End of the Tunnel

So the saying "it is darkest before the dawn" rang true this past weekend.  As I mentioned in my last post, the winter crud had us all in his nasty grasp.  This past weekend was just plain awful.  Both kids were gagging on phlegm, Scott was getting sicker by the minute, and the amount of oxygen I was able to get through my nose was about 5%.  I was ready to throw in the towel!  The kids were fussy and not sleeping well.  I needed a break (unfortunately, no sick days for a momma so my break was 25 minutes alone in a hot shower).

Sleeping on Momma
Monday morning there were signs of improvement.  Less phlegm, sweeter babies, more oxygen, and a better nights sleep.  I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I did let my brain think for a moment "maybe....just maybe we are on the mend?"  Tuesday morning as the sun warmed the earth, the kids were breathing fairly easy, and I was able to smell my bagel burning in the toaster.  We needed to get out of the house and get some fresh air in our bodies.

Prior to the mucus toss
It was the nicest day of 2015 so we decided it must be spent at our local zoo.  We met out friends and and happily soaked up the sun while seeing the animals.  We fed the giraffes, raced around the new playground, and snacked in our strollers.  I would sum it up as a perfect day.....well almost perfect...  Lila got choked up on previously mentioned phlegm and tossed her mucus and a bit breakfast up for the animals and our friends to see (sorry about that).  It was time to head home.

Long tongue...
Today we ventured out again and I'm happy to report all stomach contents stayed put...the entire day!  Victory!!  And not a moment too soon..our annual ski trip is right around the corner!    

Little britches wanted to feed them too!
I will no longer take for granted the ability to breath, a throat that isn't on fire, children that don't have croopy sounding coughs, and a couch that is snot trail free.


Wishing you a healthy rest of the winter!!  

Comments

  1. Kara as always enjoyed your blog. It always makes me smile, laugh and sometimes cry:) What a wonderful Mommy you are. I LOVE you and those Precious babies! Nana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More