More than just Cake

Keeping our secret!!
After Scott and I learned the gender of our baby, my mom was just dying to know what we were having.  She tried tricking me into giving her hints.  She tried mind games trying to convince me that I had slipped and called it a "he." (For the record, I did not slip).  She would say, "It would be so much easier for me to go shopping if I knew whether to get girl clothes or boy clothes"....as if all the stores were going to sell all their baby clothes prior to her getting there.  She just couldn't wait.


It was actually pretty easy to keep our secret for 3.5 days.  We told Paisley, which of course prompted him to randomly yell "Girl" (pro-nouced Guu-rl) at any given time.  But other than telling him, we were pretty excited to let everyone find out at our gender party on Saturday night. 
Our "girl" cake
I baked a 2 layer strawberry cake with cream cheese icing.  When we threw Paisley's gender party, I made a blue angel food cake with chocolate icing.  I just love to gather our immediate family together as we share this news with them.  I love the anticipation that builds as they stare at the cake trying to spot a misplaced crumb that will give away the color of the inside of the cake. 
Cutting the Cake!
Our moms cut the cake (just like last time).  It's safe to say they were excited it was pink.
It's a GIRL!!
Mom had brought gifts in a blue bag and a pink bag.  She happily handed over the pink bag and inside was a  pink stuffed bunny and the cutest little girl outfit you could imagine.  I can only dream of what our little girl will look like wearing it. 

The cake was delicious and the word was out.  Our little family was adding a girl. 

My silly, loving, and all -knowing Grandpa Vic
This knowledge brought tears to my moms eyes as she thought back to the days prior to my grandfathers death....before I even knew I was pregnant, he knew....and he told me to take care of that little girl. 

Don't you worry grandpa, that baby girl is going to be well taken care of.  Keep an eye on her until she makes it to my arms, ok?




Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice.....That is what Little Girls are Made of...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

Simple Mistakes or Something More

Loss