Oh Baby!

Tuesday morning (Dec. 4th) as Scott got ready for work, I stayed in bed and thought about what would happen in the next few minutes.  He had no idea the moment he left for work, I would take a pregnancy test in which I was already sure would be positive.  There was no reason for me to even suspect I was pregnant.  If I did test positive, I wouldn't even be 4 weeks yet.  I wasn't sure if these cheap tests could even detect pregnancy at such an early stage.  But, I knew I needed to take one and see if it was positive.  It was (insert shriek and shaking hands).

I was excited and scared all at the same moment.  Little did Scott know we were about to begin another wild ride, only this time we were taking a toddler with us.  I debated calling Scott, showing up at his work, or even sending him a text that said "pregnant."  OK, I wasn't going to send him a text, but the thought was kind of funny.

Paisley was the only person I told.  I asked him if he wanted mommy to have a baby to which he shook his entire body "yes."  Obviously he didn't really understand the question, but I was just glad he didn't say "no."

When Scott got home from work, I told him to look in the oven, in which I had placed a bun.  He said, "There's a bun in the oven? There's a BUN IN THE OVEN!!!!"  It was so cute and to see the look of realization come over him.  It was as much fun as seeing the positive sign appear.  After it sunk in, he scooped me up in a hug and his response was pure happiness.  I admit I was nervous as to how he was going to respond, it's not as through pregnancy has been easy for us.

He made his traditional mixed drink and sat in his recliner while beaming at Paisley and me playing on the floor.  It was an incredible night.  Here are the weeks that followed;

4 weeks
Not much happening yet...but I think my stomach looks poochy.  We had our 1st u/s to see if I am in fact pregnant.  We could see the sac and a little tiny glob.  I don't feel pregnant at all.  Getting excited but cautiously optimistic. 
3 weeks

5 weeks
Not really feeling pregnant which is making me a little nervous...grow baby grow. 

6 weeks
U/s #2, baby looks good!!  Too early to hear a heartbeat, but we have a baby!  Am I craving ice cream because I'm pregnant or because I like ice cream?  Otherwise not feeling pregnant.

7 weeks
Meat is not allowed to be cooked in our home.  Scott was cooking sausage and I threw up in my mouth.  This happened numerous times this week.  Cooking just about anything is actually hard for me.  Nothing sounds good.  Feeling pregnant, and I'm that's ok!!

8 weeks
I want ballpark hot dogs.  The big round ones that take up every inch of the bun.  I want it smothered in ketchup, mustard, and  little sweet pickle relish.  The downfall, ballparks aren't open this time of year and buying a pack of dogs at the grocery isn't going to cut it.  Did I really just cry because I can't have a ballpark hot dog?  Pregnancy hormones are here!!!
4 weeks

9 weeks
Appointment with my OB!  I owe this woman so much.  She delivered our high-risk precious little P and now has promised to do everything in her power to make this pregnancy/delivery go as normal as possible.  We told my Poppa the news and he was  so excited.  He was actually a little speechless which doesn't happen often.  We also told my sister and Greg.  She loves little P so much and was excited to have another little niece or nephew to love.  Nausea has subsided, bring on the food!!

10 weeks
Scott's parent were ecstatic with the news of  a new baby.  I never get tired of telling our news nor do I grow tired of the excitement that follows.  Our little family hopped a flight to Colorado this week!  My 10 week old fetus and I carefully skied the slopes of Vail and Beaver Creek (ski trip is in another post!).  Feeling bigger by the day but energy level is good and eating anything and everything.

11 weeks
This was an exciting week as we slowly began telling a few friends and Scott's brother and sister-in-law!  I also told my boss at work.  Physically  my belly has really popped!  I think I look fluffy but Scott swears I look pregnant.  Bless his heart.  I'm feeling good!

12 weeks
This week I started Yoga!  I figured there's no time like the present to loosen up and spend an hour of my day relaxing.  The class is one of the perks that comes with working part-time at the university. Evening nausea has returned but hoping this is the last week I will have to deal with it.  I also had one of the worst headaches EVER!!  Weather related or hormone related??  Pants are getting snug and shirts are wanting to ride up.  Time to dig out the maternity clothes!!

Like this blog, leave a comment!  Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More