Christmas Review!

The View from the Top
I’ve had a billion blog topics floating around in my head as of lately…but figured I should play catch-up first. 

The Christmas season was a mix of sadness and hope.  As I’ve mentioned previously, we buried my Grandfather on Christmas Eve.  The sadness was intertwined with grains of hope…as Scott and I had a secret.  A tiny secret that would take its first breath come August. 
Love
In one of the last coherent days I had with my grandfather, I walked into his room and he clasp his hands together and said “you’re pregnant!”  At the time, the thought of me being pregnant had never crossed my mind.  I thought it was his dementia talking.  I laughed and said, “not me!”  He mentioned it 2-3 more times during my visit with him and when I was leaving, he said, “you take care of that baby girl,” and pointed to my stomach.  I laughed again and sadly thought maybe he had me confused with someone else?  Fast forward to now….he was right.  I won’t know if this is a boy or girl for a few more weeks, but what a feeling of happiness to know that he took the knowledge of his brand new great-grandchild to the grave. He knew before anyone else. 
Santa Came!!
Christmas Day was exciting to watch Paisley burst from his bedroom and go straight to his toys from Santa.  He instantly began playing, not giving thought to who brought the toys or why they were even here in the living room.  He simply expressed joy and happiness as all children should on Christmas Day.  Scott and I sat back and watched.  He wondered from his activity table, to his wooden airplane, to his stocking full of treats, touching each item, turning them over and over in his tiny hands.
Merry Christmas!
We unwrapped gifts, we ate breakfast, and leisurely headed to my parents’ house for round two.   The Christmas music was playing, the brunch was simmering, and my father had prepared the Christmas Day scavenger hunt that had been missing for the past year!  I soaked up every second of watching the ones I love celebrate the day, lavish my child with love, and enjoy our time with one another.  I swear it was a scene that I had watched weeks earlier on the Hallmark Channel.  It was by all accounts, picture perfect. 
Family Christmas Perfection
After the dishes had been cleared and gifts had been opened, we packed our car and headed to Scott’s parents’ house for our 3rd and final round.  Surprisingly none of us had trouble finding room for more food.  Paisley began showing signs of present-opening-exhaustion and just wanted to watch everyone else. 
Cousins
As Christmas Day turned dark and the moon came out, a light snowfall began to fall.  The weather stations were staying we could get a substantial amount of snow.  For Southern Indiana, this is exciting news.  With that information, we loaded our car and headed into the night, homeward bound. 
Christmas Angel
Paisley didn’t put up much of a fuss as I tucked him into bed.  It wasn’t too long after he was asleep that Scott and I made our way to our own bed.  We can chalk Paisley’s second Christmas up as a success. 
I love the tiny traditions of the season that we have begun putting into place for our son.  Just a few I want to remember…
-Cutting down a real Christmas tree

-Putting a tree in P’s room
-Decorating the house with wooden Santa’s and nativities from around the world

-Telling Paisley the story of Christmas and the birth of Christ
-Baking goodies!

-Pictures with Santa
-Reading “Twas the Night Before Christmas” on Christmas Eve, as a family

-Exploring the gifts and stocking from “Santa”

-Visiting P’s grandparents and aunts and uncles

-Showing him the Christmas cards & photos we receive and explaining who they are

We hope you had a blessed and happy Christmas!!

Like this blog, leave a comment!  Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More