Blogging From My Phone

He loves fall decor!
Boo for my laptop still being trash and a new laptop has yet to be ordered.  I guess Apple is about to come out with a new laptop and my husband really wants to wait and read some reviews on it prior to us possibly purchasing it.  I love that he is so thorough when it comes to researching high dollar purchases, but at the same time, JUST GET ME A NEW LAPTOP (please)!

So, since composing a blog on my phone is a pain and I can't be in pain and compose a thought provoking blog, I'll provide you with a snippet of day to day life on our plantation.  Without further ado:

Outside my window...are the most beautiful yellow and orange leaves still hanging on to the tree.  It's been so windy lately so they are constantly throwing dancing shadows inside on the carpet.  Paisley likes to stand in the sunbeams coming in and watch the dust that floats through the air glimmer in the rays. 

I am thinking....about so many blogs I want to compose...yet lack of time and proper computer makes it hard to do. 

I am thankful for...my loving husband and healthy baby boy.  With Thanksgiving around the corner, I am getting a jump start on being thankful for all I have been blessed with. 

In the kitchen...dinner is cooking! Tonight we are having seasoned baked chicken, long grain rice, and cooked carrots.  For dessert we are still enjoying my pumpkin cookies.  I also have a skillet soaking in the sink that has now been soaking for 4 days.  I scorched a beer & cheese soup mixture and that black scorch isn't going anywhere. 

I am wearing...Express jeans and a polar fleece zip up.  It's chilly enough that polar fleece feels perfect!  I should have socks on because my feet are frozen, but I never think to put on socks for some reason...

I am creating...P's Halloween costume!  He is going to be Pinocchio! I sewed the German inspired shorts and little black vest today.  Tomorrow I should finish the hat and bow.  It is so cute and it feels so good to be back at my sewing machine.

I am going to...The zoo tomorrow!  We are meeting a friend and her daughter that we haven't seen in awhile and I'm excited to see them!  On Saturday my mom, sister and I are headed shopping at a nearby outlet mall.  It's about 3 hours away so I am leaving P with his dad.  Sunday Scott and I are taking P to Holiday World for their Halloween event.  Who said stay-at-home moms actually stayed home??

I am wondering...How to un-scorch that pan in my sink.

I am reading...Nothing. I love to read, but I just haven't had time to lose myself in a book like I used to. 

I am hoping...That 2013 brings some exciting changes to the Fisher Family!

I am looking forward to...Celebrating the holidays with a busy toddler!  I can't wait to shop for him, cook up holiday meals and sweets, and make family traditions with my little family.

I am hearing...The 5 o'clock news and waiting to hear the backdoor open (meaning Scott is home from work)

Around the house...My baby is napping, dinner is cooking, the house is festive with Halloween and fall decorations, the sun is pouring in our western facing windows giving the house a beautiful glow.

One of my favorite things...Having the patience to wait for the perfect man, having parents that taught me how to make a marriage work, the faith to survive a loss and dangerous pregnancy, the ability to spend my days caring for our little one, the love I give and receive each and every day. (yeah, that was more than one favorite thing, but I couldn't narrow it down)


Someone woke up on the happy side of the tent!
Like this blog? Leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy!! :)
 

Comments

  1. Kara - We had a GREAT time with you and Paisley Friday. Maybe next time we will actually make it to the zoo! It was super fun to watch our kiddos play and catch up. I feel like there is so much more I wanted to ask you about, so anytime you are free let me know and we will have you guys over to our house! I've got a couple of cute pictures of the kids - let me know where you'd like me to send them! Hope you had a great weekend! ~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. kara I don't know you but know your cousin Haley.......anyways What have you tried soaking your pan in? Try Dawn Degreaser and you may need to get you an sos pad...they are great for things that are burnt on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brandie!! Welcome to my blog and thanks for the tip!! I'll try anything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More