On the Go!

Fall is in the air and I'm ready to break out my leggings, suede boots, wool coat, and mittens.  I am beyond over the warm, muggy Indiana air and am ready to bury myself into a pile of fleece blankets with a raging fire roaring to life in front of me. Instead of "tornado warnings" I'm ready for blizzard-like conditions that threaten to shut down school corporations and cause Scott to disappear in to a sea of white with snow shovel in hand.  I'm ready for all the goodness that comes along with this time of year, and we have a lot of goodness heading our way!
Bull Island attire included rain boots
In the past month, we've been up to some exciting events around the Fisher Family Household.  Early in the month, Scott and I went to a 40th Anniversary of Bull Island party.  What is Bull Island you ask, read the real story here; http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/sep/02/woodstock-on-the-wabash-what-began-as-a-highly/  I swear I was born during the wrong time frame.  I would have loved to have been in the mix of music goers (of course I would have kept my clothes on).  Even a cool mist falling from the dark sky didn't stop Scott and I from dancing to "Witchy Woman" or "Take it Easy."  It had been awhile since we let loose on a dance floor (or in a grassy pasture) and it felt good!

Mouth open kind of excitement
Little P got to experience Holiday World for the first time!  Holiday World is the first theme park opened in Indiana and has been around since my mom was a little girl.  Many of the rides were too big for a little Dumplin, but we did get to ride the carousel which he loved.  He would wave at Scott every time we went past him and he'd occasionally squeal super loud while waving his hands all about.

The weather was perfect and we were able to spend some time in the water park.  Paisley had zero hesitation about plunging head first in the water.  We let him play until his skin shriveled up like a prune and he was shivering from the breeze.  I had pulled him out of the water and sat him down to get dressed and he took off running back to the water.  Oh that little fish...

Just a little Fish
He enjoyed the garden tub and bubbles
September was my birthday month and it was quite the celebration!!  Over my birthday weekend, Scott whisked the Dumplin and I away to Bloomington for some rest and relaxation!  Scott booked us a room at the Wampler House, a beautiful bed and breakfast.  When we arrived, there was a cake stand loaded down with chocolate covered strawberries in our room. Scott told me to eat a couple, then I needed to head downstairs for a hot stone massage. *swoon* My husband knows how to please me!

Scott and Paisley played while I relaxed.  After my massage, we got dressed and headed downtown for dinner at the Irish Lion.  It was good and I am always in the mood for pub food!  After dinner we got ice cream at the Chocolate Moose.  It may have been the best ice cream ever!!  It was such a nice night that we walked around until Paisley feel asleep in his stroller.


Someone only had eyes for the cake
The next birthday event came a few days later at my parents house.  My mom always makes the most incredible dinner for the birthday boy or girl.  I love any and all celebrations at my parents house.  There is something special about "going home."  I love every minute my son gets to watch the interaction between his Momma and Auntie, and Momma and Nanna, and gets to see the love our family shares. 

The final birthday celebration was with my group of fabulous friends.  3 of us share a September birthday so the group gathered at RiRa's, an Irish pub (can you see a theme with the Irish pubs?).  It's always a good time when you gather 7 girls to share stories and plan for the future. 


Girls whose names begin with "K"
Other events this month included our niece's 5th birthday.  It blows my mind to think that in her life, she has never known her Uncle Scott without me being in his life.  I like that.  I've been around longer than she has been alive.  Just another example of time flying.  Mom, Rhea and I had a yard sale this month!  While some people dread, maybe even hate having a yard sale, it is a yearly event that I always look forward to!  It's a morning that us 3 girls get up early, I will grab a bag of donut holes for the group, Mom will get the coffee brewing, and we will spend the morning sitting out in the cool morning air, eating, drinking and swapping stories.  Oh, and occasionally we will sell and item or two.  While getting rid of old items and making some extra cash is nice, spending the morning with "my girls" is the best part. 
Enjoying the New Harmony festival
We caught a festival in the nearby town of New Harmony.  Paisley got his first taste of apple cider, which he loved!  He also had his first serious fever.  After spending the evening at a family reunion in Lincoln State Park, he had a horrible night with a burning fever, but no other symptoms.  Scott got kicked to the couch for the night and Paisley slept next to me.  I kept a cool rag on his head all night and was constantly giving him juice from a bottle.  He hadn't used a bottle in months, but I figured since he was laying down, a bottle was the way to go.  Amazingly, I was completely calm and kept focused on keeping him hydrated and cool as could be.  After 24 hours the fever was gone and he was a happy baby. 
Hours before the fever hit
Other events coming up is the First Annual Fisher Family bonfire!!  And of course Halloween!!  My blogs will be a little slower coming as my computer is on the blink! Between catching a virus and old age (my computer, not me) it is a little testy these days.  My keyboards works 1/2 the time and the Internet works 25% of the time. So...be patient and I will will return soon enough.  Hopefully....with a new computer!

Like this blog?  Leave a comment!  Feedback makes me happy!! :)




Comments

  1. We actually got our first snow over the weekend. I love the changing of the seasons, but I am not so sure I'm ready for it this soon!

    And your birthday sounds AMAZING! You had me at chocolate covered strawberries and hot stone massages... glad you had such an incredible time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More