St. Patrick's Day and a 7 Month Old!

Happy St. Patrick's Day AND 7 Months to our very own little Lucky Charm!!

Birth Stats                                           7 Month Stats
6lbs. 5.9oz                                            17 lbs. 2.5 oz.
19 inches long                                      27 (roughly) inches long  

In just a few short months my “baby” will become a toddler. This thought gives me goose bumps and a smile. He’s changed so much in the past 7 months that I still can’t get my brain wrapped around it. This has been a BIG month for my little Dumplin…
Mmmmm....more peas please!
We introduced solids! He is still breastfed but he now gets to eat dinner with his daddy and I. We also let him experiment with a sippy cup. When I first gave it to him his instinct kicked in and he immediately took hold of it and pulled it to his lips. Instinct is an amazing thing.   So far he seems to like everything we feed him.  Let's hope we are growing a little vegetable lover! 

Night time is a little easier these days. Between 7:30-8pm, he will start getting “sleepy eyes” and I’ll take him into his room, dim the lights, turn on his humidifier, turn on his sleep-sheep, and rock and feed him. I just recently started putting him to sleep in a polar fleece sleep sack, over a cotton sleeper,  he seems to like it ok. Once he goes down, he will sleep until 4-5:30am. Then I feed him and he’ll go back down until 7am or so. It’s a sleep schedule that I can handle!
Enjoying some time outside
Little guy wants to crawl so bad! He seems to have trouble getting his belly up off the floor. He can push his bottom up and he straightens his arms so he is in the Cobra position, but he can’t get that belly up. He does have the ability to get anywhere he wants by rolling and scooting around. I can no longer leave him on a blanket and expect him to stay put!  Baby boy has gone mobile. 

Paisley has started clapping or at least trying to clap. Sometimes he claps using one hand and the arm of his other hand, and sometimes he manages to get both hands to make contact. He loves to be clapped for! I may give this child a big head because I clap for him for just about anything!
Mom, did you hear that?
Likes:
Sweet Potatoes
Avocado
Peas
Sippy Cups with milk
Dislikes:
Seeing mom or dad leave the room
Having the snot sucker used on him
When mom or dad get tired of pushing him on his push & ride

Firsts:
St. Patricks Day Holiday
Touching grass (He loved it)
Prune juice
Swung at the playground on Momma's lap
We are both enjoying spending more time together since I have gone part time.  As the weather is getting warmer, we have enjoyed some stroller time and the occasional nap together on the couch.  I am looking forward to watching Dumplin experience his first summer and all the outdoor activities that come along with it!  Until next month...
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Like this blog? Leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More