Grow Baby Grow!!!

Happy 28 weeks!!!
It's been a busy couple of weeks around the couch!!!  This past Monday we hit 28 weeks!  This is the first date our Dr. told us to aim for.  A sigh of relief could be heard for miles as we marked that day off the calendar.  Next goal...32 weeks! 

Yesterday we had an appointment so I could take the Glucola test.  This test is administered for all pregnancies to detect gestational diabetes.  I will get the results Mon. or Tues. of next week.  Fingers crossed, it comes back negative!  Baby P's heartbeat was perfect and my stomach is measuring right on target.  Nothing is as reassuring as having a good appointment!

This week we celebrated my Poppa's birthday!  Since my activity is limited my family had a "surround the couch" birthday party.  My dad smoked ribs and brought them over while my sweet husband cooked up sweet potatoes and made homemade ice cream.  It was bizarre laying on the couch while my husband prepared food for my family.  He never once complained and he later put his finger over my lips as I thanked him for taking care of everything. 

My Daddy!
On Sunday we celebrated Father's Day.  My sweet parents came over to spend some time with us.  I got to love on my Daddy and I showered my Father-to-Be with all the love and affection a girl on the couch can administer.  I think both "Daddies" had a great day!!

The previous week I told Scott we were going out to dinner.  His birthday is at the end of June and since we were unsure of when my Dr. would want me admitted to the hospital, I figured we better celebrate while we could!  With the Dr's. approval, we went out to dinner!  I felt like a puppy with my head hanging out  the window as I was so excited to be out of the house.  Scott and I realized this could very well be the last time we eat out pre-baby!  After dinner we made a quick stop at Dairy Queen for a blizzard.  The baby wanted it.


Date night with the hottest guy I know!

Our friends and family have made our time on bed rest easier than we imagined.  My parents visit at least once a week.  Momma will bake up something delicious, do the dishes and laundry, and spend time talking to her grandson.  My Poppa entertains Scott and fixes up items around the house from loose and broken spindles on our deck to painting a little table for the nursery.   My in-laws visit once a week to bring us dinner and catch up on appointments.  And my friends...  They come over to keep me company, do my toenails, bring us dinner, send cards, and continually call/e-mail/text to check on us.  Each interaction makes me smile and boost any spirits that may have taken a dip.  i knew how wonderful my friends were before...but I didn't know the depth of their compassion and love.  For these friends, my family and in-laws, we appreciate you, we are so happy to have you in our lives, and we love you!

So 28 weeks brings along the title of 3rd and final trimester!!  We are so happy to enter this time frame.  For the first time in 30 years I have begun to experience heartburn.  I've heard this means we are going to have a baby with a headful of hair.  We shall see!!  I've also started to feel tired more.  Maybe it's because I lay on the couch all day or maybe it's because baby is roughly 3lbs. and busier than ever, but I'm starting to revert back to my Sleeperella days.

Two more weeks at home than off to my stay in the hospital!  The change of scenery will be nice as well as the peace of mind knowing that if baby tries to make an exit, they can get him out within 10 minutes.  I'll keep the updates coming and ask you to keep us in your thoughts and prayers!!


The Fisher Two...soon to be The Fisher Three


Like this blog?  Leave a comment!  Feedback makes me happy!  :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More