Bed Rest-Day 12


Image courtesy of Google.
Greetings from the plaid couch in Southern Indiana.  Who would have thought that laying on the couch each and everyday could be such a rollar coaster ride?  Sometimes it's a roller coaster that tickles my stomach and makes me laugh, but other times it's a ride that makes me want to bury my head in my hands and not look ahead. 
Our last two appointments have been filled with positive news and lots of hope.  Today we learned that our little fish has hit 2lbs.  I've never been so happy with any 2lb. part of my body before now.  He also hit the 26 week mark today.  That means that we are 2 weeks away from hitting our first "goal" (28 wks).  We are 6 weeks away from goal #2 (32 wks), and we are 9 weeks away from our ideal delivery date (35 wks).  Each and everyday is critical to the development of his little body.  Every morning I am so thankful that it is another day towards our goals.

Image courtesy of Google
 So how does one spend 12 days of bedrest...I've been very lucky to have many visits from family and friends.  I've also been the lucky recipient of many cards, texts and e-mails.  It's nice to hear from the outside world as sometimes laying here, I feel like the rest of the world is passing me by while I'm stuck in "pause" mode.  I've worked numerous sudoku puzzles, finished 1 novel, started watching the True Blood season 3 series, colored (yes, and I have to admit I enjoy color by number pages!!) watched a handful of movies, read over 30 magazines from Shape (not recommended for someone who is confined to the couch) to Better Homes & Gardens, and played a few games of Solitare.  I am limiting my time on the computer and watching television as I don't think it's good to stare at a screen all day.  I try to have "music" time with baby daily because I think he's a huge fan of my singing!   He gets most excited when I sing Fleetwood Mac and Ray Lamontagne. 

I've realized there are a few spa type activities I can participate in from the horizontal position.  I can do face peels, paint my toes (with the help of a lot of pillows) and use moisturizing mittens on my hands.  I try to keep a routine each day and so far there has only been 1 day that I stayed in my pajamas the entire day.  Before Scott gets home, I spruce myself up just a bit (just because I lay on the couch all day doesn't mean I want to look like a lay on the couch all day). 
Image courtesy of Google

I just started reading a book that my momma brought me, it's the Second Edition of "Preemies."  I would recommend this book for anyone that knows they are going to be delivering early.  The book explains what the baby will look like once born depending on what week he makes his arrival as well as which moniters and devices may be hooked up to him depending on his health at birth.    It's a great way to prepare us for what we will be dealing with in the near future.  The book has also helped explain some of the ups and downs that I've had as well as comfort me to know that it is normal to have some of the feelings I have had.  Not very often, but some days I just don't feel like talking to anyone.  I just want to curl myself up on this couch and disappear from the rest of the world.  The other 6 days of the week I am focused on the fact that this temporary situation directly impacts our long term lives.  That makes it easy to watch the lint balls roll across the kitchen floor (ok not easy, but I don't get up and sweep them away).

12 days down, atleast 14 more days at home on bed rest prior to being admitted between 28-30 wks for constant monitoring.  I would much rather stay at home on bed rest so hopefully we can make it to 30 wks (July 4th) without them admitting me. 

Without a doubt, I know the prayers that have been said for our family have made a difference.  I can't help but think of the verse Matthew 18:19 "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.”  I am forever grateful to each one of you that has joined us in praying for our baby as well as Scott and I.  Please continue to think of us as we move through the next few weeks.  Our next appointment is one week from today.  Fingers crossed, we have a 3rd positive appointment!

Like this Blog? Leave a comment!  Feedback makes me happy! :)



     

Comments

  1. You always have been able to entertain yourself:) As usual I love the BLOG!!!! Everyday is closer to Lil P arriving. So proud of you Kara. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More