Good Tidings Abound!!

We'd been home from Jamaica for less than 24 hours, both babies were back in our arms and we were headed to the nearby Christmas tree farm.  Before Scott and I were married, we unknowingly started the tradition of cutting down a Christmas tree.  The habit formed and now it is my favorite way to kick off the Christmas season.  
Our Christmas angels
The sweet smell of sap filled our nostrils as we searched for the perfect tree.  Quicker then Santa's reindeer can clammer to our roof, our tree appeared before us.  A perfectly shaped, perfectly scented, tall and thick Frasier fur shouted out "take me home!"  Ok, it may not have shouted but if firs could talk it would have.

The loose needles were shaken off, the tree was carefully bagged and home we drove with our Christmas tree in tow.  I can only imagine how bizarre the process is for our children....I constantly tell them not to bring leaves, sticks, etc. into our home....and here we are putting up an entire tree in the living room.

Our Christmas festivities were not over yet!!  Before any ornaments could be hung, we put the tree in water and were back on the road.  We headed to the town over for a visit with Santa Claus.  

Making small talk with the big guy
Paisley swallowed any nerves he had and quickly gave the man with the beard his Christmas list.  Lila was less sure of herself and blurted out "Hellwo kitty bicycle," before averting her eyes and faking interest in the flooring beneath her feet.

She looks a little stiff
Both kids agreed to gathering on his lap for a picture, however Lila looks like she might have been sitting on a pine comb.  After we said our good-byes we headed to the local coffee shop for caffeine for us parents and cookies for the kids.


A few days after our tree cutting and Santa visit we had our Christmas Kinder Musik class.  Last year Scott joined us but this year we were scheduled while he was at work.  Class began and both babies were snuggled up on my lap.  The door opened and what to my wondering eyes should appear....my sister dressed in scrubs and ready to enjoy some holiday cheer.

Our much loved Aunt Bunny
I had mentioned the class to my sister days before but knew it would take nothing short of a Christmas miracle for her to leave work and join us.  And there she was.  There are moments in life when you are overcome by the actions of someone....actions that are driven by the heart and nothing else.  Actions that don't require words but just simply being in a spot.  This was one of those moments.
Can you tell which one had too much candy?
By now the tree was decorated and presents were wrapped under the tree.  Our next festivity took place in our very own kitchen.  We crafted our first (and now annual) gingerbread house!  The kids loved covering the house in icing and sticking candy pieces all over it.  It's a good thing the house is not for consumption by the general public because I watched Lila lick each piece of candy prior to adorning the house with it.              
Cookie cutters
I attempted my first batch of fudge and I think this will become a yearly tradition!  The sugar cookies turned out good and are a little sweeter then normal as I caught a little girl licking the cookie cutters between cutting out trees.

On Paisley's last day of school before Christmas break, Lila and I were able to partake in his school Christmas party with him. I loved watching him interact with his friends and watch Lila get comfortable with the teachers whom she will be learning from next year.


Our stash of Christmas pajamas have made their way into the rotation and I swear I'm going to be dressing these kids in elf jammie as long as they will let me.
 
The newlywed couple
On the 18th of December my parents celebrated 39 years of marriage!!  My sister and I prepared food and we all gathered on the farm to celebrate.  After the kids were tucked snuggly in their bed, the adults played battleship and enjoyed simply being with the ones we love.


With Christmas Day just around the corner, we spent this morning eating breakfast with Nana and Pappaw and visiting with Santa.  I was hoping Lila would be a little more relaxed to see him a second time this season....but you can see for yourself that wasn't the case.  It made for a cute photo anyway!!
My mom and sister, 2 of the greatest things in my life
This week we will join Santa for cookies and milk at our local library, finish up some last minute Christmas shopping, and come Christmas Eve we will head to my parents house.  It's amazing how quickly the days pass this time of year and before I know it, we will be well on our way into 2016.  So for now I'm digging my heels into this most wonderful time of the year.  I'm exposing our little people to as much Christmas cheer as their little minds can handle.  And I'm meeting my husband under the mistletoe as often as I possible can.

May you each get everything you hope for this Christmas season!!!!  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!    

Comments

  1. This month was sure jam packed with holiday fun! I love all the memories you're making with your littles. Those elf jammies, the special programs, family time, etc. What a sweet family you have - thanks for joining in the link up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful Christmas season. Looks like you all had a great one as well!! Thanks for letting me link up! More link ups in the future!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More