The Final Day of 2014!!!

The door on 2014 is almost closed.  The Christmas decorations have been put away, the leftovers have been consumed, and the children are asking what the next holiday is.  I love New Years Eve as it is a time to look back on the past year.  To relive the happy moments and thank our lucky stars to have survived those that were less-happy.
Our last photo of 2013
2014 was a fantastic year for our little family of 4.  We traveled, we spent time with family, we learned and loved.  The hard part was saying good-bye to one of my favorite people...my grandmother Florence Elizabeth.  Without further delay...here is recap of our 2014!!

January - We started off the year spending much of our time indoors, away from the frigid January air!  Our 5 month old got her first taste of something besides breast milk.  She wasn't crazy about it, but that changed quickly.  Paisley was still figuring out if he liked the new inhabitant of our home.  I enjoyed spending my days on the floor playing with our babies and attempting to catch up on sleep when they napped!    

February - Off to Colorado for our annual ski trip.  It was Lila's first flight and Paisley's 3rd.  They did good and it helped to have Nana along.  Lila celebrated her first Valentine's Day and I was happy to spend the day with my loves.  

March - A low key month full of making green water (Paisley thought that was pretty cool), Kindermusik classes and swim lessons (for Paisley), and waiting for the cold weather to get lost!  

April - Trips to the zoo, picnics in the park, and returning to story time at the library meant the warm weather was slowly making an appearance and we were venturing out of the house.  Easter was a great time as Paisley finally understood what an Easter egg hunt was!  He also got his first "real" haircut.  

May- A big month for my sister as we all flew to NYC for her wedding!  Paisley and Lila loved riding in taxis and the bright lights of Timesquare.  Scott and I left the big city with a greater appreciation of the square footage of our home and the relatively calm drivers in our state.  It was also time to fill up the kids splash pool!  

June - Scott and I got a much appreciated date night to Brew at the Zoo.  Not that I needed a reminder, but spending a couple hours with him without the kids let me focus on the man I married and I was reminded all over again that I married the person created for me. We spent his birthday riding golf carts in New Harmony and enjoying family time.  We also left the kids overnight so we could go to a Nascar race in KY.  

July - With the warm days of summer upon us we spent a lot of time in the pool, eating out of our garden, and getting together with family and friends.  Scott and I celebrated our 4th anniversary at the Forecastle music festival in Louisville.   Both kids enjoyed the fireworks as we celebrated Independence Day.         

August - The birth month of our babies = party time!  The kids had a "Trucks & Tutus" themed party in the park with family and friends.  Scott and I also spent time with friends at the annual SWIRCA beer & wine event.  Lila got to experience Holiday World for the first time and after 7 hours at the amusement park, both kids were exhausted.  Scott and I participated in our first kick-ball benefit tournament.  My kicker isn't what it used to be!  

September - My birth month I got exactly what I wanted...time with my family.  Paisley started pre-school which he warmed up to quicker then I expected.  We camped at a nearby park and bid farewell to the long nights of summer.  

October - A visit to the fall festival, our second annual bonfire and hayride, trick-or-treating at Grandma Florence's nursing home, a Halloween party at the library, and trick-or-treating with friends provided us with plenty of candy for the next year!  We squeezed in one final family hike through the fall leaves before the cold weather settled in for good! Paisley had his first school party that I got to attend.   

November - An early snowfall brought on the holidays quicker than normal!  We celebrated Thanksgiving Eve by having a family sleep-over at Rhea's and we got a jump on Christmas with a trip to see the lights at the Galt House in Louisville.  We cut down our tree and most gifts were purchased by the end of the month!  We were ready for Christmas!  We said farewell to the kids great-grandma and were happy she was reunited with their great grandfather.  

December - The stockings were hung, Christmas parties were attended, we caught a parade and among the hustle and bustle we remembered the reason for the season.  I did manage to hang on to a cold almost the entire month and ended the final day of the year with a diagnosis of pink eye.    Sending out 2014 with good memories and cheer and looking forward to everything 2015 throws our way!  Fingers crossed it doesn't throw anymore pink eye at us.....

Happy New Year!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More