Thankful

Starting new traditions or just straying from the old is part of becoming a parent and having kids.  Thanksgiving Eve we packed up our car with the kids and food and headed to my sisters house.   We had soup and appetizers and drank coffee and wine.  We watched the kids dance and play and put them to bed later then normal.  

With the children fast asleep, the adults played a game and laughed until the coffee had long worn off and eyelids were heavy.  We all stayed the night with my sister which gave us more time to celebrate the holiday and give thanks with those we are most thankful for.   


The next morning we nibbled on coffee cake and fruit salad while the main dishes cooked until lunchtime.  The kids were very helpful in the kitchen and loved spending the morning with family! 


Holidays have always been important to me and I have always enjoyed the various celebrations and family gatherings.  Since having kids, they are even more important to me and I love sharing the holidays with those we love and that love our children.  Seeing the kids smile as they cuddle with their grandparents and aunt and uncle is better then any feast or gift I could receive on a holiday.  


I made sure to get a few snuggles myself from the littles.


Lunchtime was upon us and we gathered around the dining room table.  Our meal was blessed and soon our bellies were full.  I know our kids didn't grasp why we were celebrating or that today was really any different then any other day that we see family and share a meal.  However, I know that my children felt love not only from their parents, but from my parents and sister, they were fed until their bellies wouldn't accept another morsel.  They laughed and loved and didn't have a care in the world.  


We have plenty of food and a warm place to live.  We have our health.  We have each other to love.    I have two babies that I get to grow and mold into fun loving, kind and considerate individuals.  I have 2 parents that have taught me to be the loving mother/wife/spouse that I am.  I have a sister that I share a history with and a bond only known to sisters.  I have a husband that loves me even when I haven't had a cup of coffee and my hair looks like an upside down Chiristmas fir.  And I have Paisley and Lila that call me "Mommy."   For these things I am so very thankful.


Thank you for following my little family through our adventure called life.  I hope you find your cup overflowing this Christmas season.  

Comments

  1. I love the idea of a slumber party to kick off Thanksgiving. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great relaxing way to spend some extra holiday time with the family!!! :) thinking of you and Olive!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More