So there's this Boy....


He's long and lean with little muscular legs.  His hair curls after the shower or when he sweats in his sleep.  His skin is powder white but tans quickly in the sun.  His round blue eyes dance when he laughs and can show pure mischief as he plots taking a toy from his sister.  He's the boy I prayed for as he grew in my tummy and the first person to call me mommy.  


He's wonderfully independent and dependent all at the same time.  He can pick out what outfit he wants to wear, but he can't quite figure out how to get his shirt off.  He sleeps in a big boy bed, but he still lets his momma rock him at night while singing his favorite lullaby.


He drives toy cars and trucks around the living room with a seriousness that makes it hard for me to keep a straight face.  He references broken carburetors, flat tires, running out of gas, and the inability to find a parking spot.  I could watch him play for hours.


He loves for me to watch him play, often saying "Mommy looky" as he runs about the house.  He questions everything, asking "why" I do the laundry a certain way or why I use a certain pan to cook with.  I love his curious mind and that he wants to understand how the world works.


He is my helper!  He often empties the dryer and washing machine for me.  He brings me diapers for Lila when I change her.  He loves helping in the garden, watering flowers, and picking a bouquet for me.  When Lila cries, he'll talk to her in an attempt to soothe her.  I love his helpful heart.


My sweet boy says daily "Mommy pretty."  I tell Scott that is a complement to him as a husband, as Paisley is simply repeating what he hears.  Paisley will take my face in his hands and look into my eyes, "I lub you sooo much."  My heart melts.


His sense of humor leaves me shaking my head and laughing through tears.  His appetite has me worried about our grocery bill in the future.  His hugs and kisses make the world a happier place.  His tantrums turn my dark hair grey and his high energy keeps my coffee maker brewing.


I had no idea what my world would be like once I found out we were having a son.  I don't know how it will be raising a teenage boy or what it will be like when he has his first girlfriend.  All I know is right now he needs me.  He loves me.  And my hugs and kisses can make anything right in his world.


Like this blog, leave a comment!  Feedback makes me happy! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More