Vail Resorts Part Two

Me & Michelle
Where was I....

After a day of skiing with my handsome ski bunny, the next day I sent him off with the "boys" for the reckless sort of skiing fun you can only have when your wife isn't around begging you to be careful.  I met up with Michelle at Vail and we spent the day enjoying the blue runs and some fresh powder.

Mid-day we found a cozy snack shop on top of the mountain and enjoyed a steaming cup of hot cocoa.  I may have also had to snack on a Nestle Crunch bar.  Skiing really burns the calories and I was the baby was hungry!! As we sat there, the snow was lightly falling around us.  We watched the clouds roll in and slowly decend the mountain.  There is nothing like watching a snow storm roll down the mountain until visibility is almost non-existent. 

The ski bunnies
By 4:00pm, I was exhausted!  The lifts were starting to close and we made our way to the bottom of the mountain.  We met up with the entire crew in the village and decided to have some appetizers at a little eatery.  As enjoyable as it was sitting with our friends and eating, I was anxious to get back to my little pumpkin. 

Mom and P had another fun day running around the resort and playing as hard as a nana and baby can play.  He was still acting like his normal spunky self which made me so happy.  Of course he was happy to see his momma and dadda.  I was happy that dadda was still in one piece after a day of skiing with those silly friends of his.

My not so happy baby
We spent the rest of the evening snuggled up in front of the fireplace relaxing.  I love skiing down the mountain but I also love lounging mountainside in front of a warm fire.  This vacation gives me the opportunity to do both.

Our last day of vacation came too quickly.  Scott headed out for 1 more day of skiing.  I have a limit of skiing only 2 days even when I'm not pregnant!  Mom, Paisley and I headed back to Vail to do some shopping. 

Little man wasn't really happy on this day and really didn't want to shop with 2 of his favorites.  After about an hour and half we were done.  We headed back to Beaver Creek and met up with Scott at the bottom of the slopes.  Even he couldn't get little man to be happy.  Back at the condo after a much needed nap, (for all of us) Paisley started to come back around.  Thank goodness!
The crew
For our last night in town, after we put Paisley to bed, Scott and I headed to the condo where our friends were staying (Nana stayed at the condo to watch our sleeping angel).  This is where things got tricky as they were taking shots.  Luckily my chocolate milk shot went un-noticed and no one suspected we had a bun in the oven. 


Warming up by the fire
The next morning (Sunday) we were supposed to fly out.  Key word: Supposed to...

My sweet husband may have accidentally booked the wrong flight home.  So we had an extra day in the beautiful state of Colorado.  We drove into Denver and got a room at the Hyatt.  We did a little shopping but mostly relaxed.  Paisley was happy to have a new area to explore and it was nice being in town close to everything.  I got to eat at PF Changs which made me VERY Happy!

Our flight home was smooth as Paisley fell asleep soon after we boarded and slept the entire flight.  So far we have hit the jackpot with good behavior on vacations involving flights.  I hope I didn't just jinx us. 

I think we will sit the ski trip out next year with the new addition to our family coming in August, but the following year...we will be back in action - all 4 of us.   
My boys



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More