One Year Ago....


I woke with a feeling of calm and excitement I had never known.  The day had come that I would marry the man that I didn't want to spend another second of my life without.

Exactly one year later, we didn't have the luxury anniversary trip that we had previously planned on, but our celebration was still one to remember. 
 Even though these days I get all my meals served to me in bed, it was nice to have Scott next to me as we had an anniversary breakfast in bed.  He surprised me with beautiful flowers that contained the same types of flowers and color scheme as the flowers I carried on our wedding day.  He also gave me a very precious gift that brought tears to my eyes. 

He brought the top layer of our wedding cake to the hospital and together as we ate it, we remembered all the details of our big day.  We laughed about things that happened and agreed that we wouldn't change a single thing about our day.  The cake still tasted good after a year! 

The nurses and on-call Dr. helped make our day special by making us a card and stopping in to wish us Happy Anniversary. Instead of hospital food, Scott brought in Italian that tasted so good.

It's fun to think ahead a year to where we will be and what we will be doing as we celebrate our 2nd anniversary.  While we never dreamt a year ago that we would spend our first anniversary in the hospital, we realized the most important part of our day was that we were together.  And even in a hospital, that made the day perfect.

Like this blog?  Leave a comment!  Feedback makes me happy!  :)

Comments

  1. Why do you always make me cry with your writting??? Beautifully said!!! Momma xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an amazing present, Kara! Your anniversary flowers look absolutely stunning! cake and Italian food? I'm sure they tasted so good! You really had a perfect anniversary day! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More