2010-Our Year End Review

January-Our annual ski trip took 15 friends to Park City, Utah! We had record snowfalls that resulted in a couple great days of skiing. We spent the 3rd day driving snowmobiles in blizzard like conditions and outrunning avalanches!

February-A fabulous photographer and even more fabulous person, Nicole Neff, took our engagement photos! What better place to have photos of two snow loving people than on the slopes of Paoli Peaks! After a day of skiing, we changed out of our ski gear and had Nicole snap shot after shot. I have to say rosy cheeks are a good look in photos! Happy Engagement indeed!

March-I ran my first race! Years ago, for some reason I told Scott I wanted to run in a race.  He became my trainer as we prepared for my first 7k. I know that isn’t much, but when you’re a girl who has only ran to escape wildlife, running a 7k is a feat! Scott was with me step by step. I felt so great (and exhausted) as we crossed the finish line together!

April-After a visit from the Easter Bunny, Scott and I headed to St. Louis to spend the weekend with friends. We attended the longest Cardinals game in the history of all Cardinal games. By the 20th inning, we were done! We also attended a Super Cross event which I really enjoy!!! Who knew watching a motorcycle race could be so entertaining?

May-This month brought lots of wedding activities! I had the most perfect and beautiful bridal shower at Rhea’s house. My beautiful bridesmaids did a wonderful job and I was so happy to have the people I care about all together. Scott and I took a quick trip to Cincinnati to help our friend Michelle move back to Evansville. Mom, Rhea & I packed our bags and headed to VEGAS!!! We took in all the sights, saw “O,” shopped till we dropped, and visited a club or two.






June-We loaded up Hotel Tacoma and headed to Bonnaroo!!  Kenneth and Michelle joined us and despite the heat, we had a fabulous time!  We learned that KOL isn't that great live, but Jay-Z and Stevie Wonder are amazing performers!  This year, Blazing Saddles beat out Jackie's Oar House and took the first place trophy at the annual Dragon Boats on the Ohio event.  This month was also my final dress fitting!  The next time I put the dress on, it will be our wedding day!!!!

July-The Hemenway's headed to Jackson Hole, our favorite place on earth!  Scott and his boys met us out there shortly after.  We spent the week hiking through the Tetons, Yellowstone, and throwing a fabulous rehearsal dinner.  That Friday, 7/16/2010, Scott and I got married!!!!  I'm sure I'm a little biased, but it was the most beautiful, personalized, relaxed, fun wedding I have EVER been to!  The most important thing, our friends and family were there to celebrate with us. 

August-I officially moved my belongings into "our" home!!!  The month was spent setteling in as man and wife and celebrating our first month of marriage.  Scott also took a new job!    Nothing like throwing a couple life changing events in a few short months!

September-My birthday!!  Scott and my family helped celebrate my 30th birthday with a week of events.  We also headed to Missouri to enjoy a long weekend of camping and floating down the Huzzah. 

October-A month of visits to the Dr. and unexplainable medical issues.  The worst month of the year (or our lives) by far.  Also the point where Scott and I realized the fragility of life and that anything can happen.  I also realized (yet again) that I married a very supportive and loving man. 

November-Scott surprised me with a much needed weekend getaway to Nashville!  We watched Ben Folds play with the Nashville Symphony.  It was beautiful!!!  Mom and I also headed to Indy for a little girl time and shopping.  We celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving with our families and gave thanks for everything we have. 

December-Merry Christmas!!! A month of good food, wrapping paper, and ribbons flew by.  Scott and I cut down our Christmas tree and spent our first Christmas as husband and wife.  We plan on bringing in the new year dressed as a 1930's showgirl and her professional chess player of a boyfriend.  Pictures to be posted soon!

Good-bye 2010!  You have been an incredible year that will be remembered in a variety of ways.  We look forward to meeting 2011 and seeing all the happiness and excitment it has in store for us.  To all of our friends and family, we love and appreciate each of you.  Thank you for joining us on the ride of our lives in 2010.  We look forward to spending time in the new year with you.  May we each have the health, happiness and love that we each deserve!  Until next year...
Love, The Fishers     




Liked this blog? Leave some feedback! Comments make me happy! :)

Comments

  1. Such a way with words Kara. I love your blogs. This year will be wonderful, I know!!!! Love you!!! Momma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More