I'm Back....


Tonight, as I sit on the couch listening to the sound of our children breathing deeply as they dream about their days, I can’t believe that this moment has come.  After 7 years, tonight is the night before my return to the work force as a full-time employee.  Excitement and nerves twisting together prompting me to write about this new chapter in our lives.    

When this blog started many years ago, I was sitting in a comfy chair at Borders bookstore.  Anyone else remember that store?  I was newly engaged and planning a wedding.  I wanted to start a blog to capture each memory I was having during that exciting time.  Our mountain wedding came and went and blogging about my high-risk pregnancy took center stage.  Fast forward a few pages and suddenly I’m a new mom potty training a 6-month-old and soon after finding out we were expecting again! 

Many blogs were devoted to milestones the children were reaching and the traveling adventures of our little family.  At some point I let myself get wrapped up in the hustle of everyday life and I let this little blog go silent for far too long. 

Tonight as I sat in disbelief at the quickness of these past few years, I remembered why I started blogging all those years ago.  I want to remember that tonight I was nervous about returning to the work force full time.  I worried about the silly stuff like getting all the laundry done and having dinner on the table each night.  I want to remember that Scott laughed at my silliness and pointed out that my full-time gig is the same place I’ve been working part-time at for the past 10 months.

It’s time to breathe new life into this blog and write about life on our farm.  I want to record our newest adventures and talk about life in general.  If you’ve been on this page before, welcome back!  If you’ve just recently found me, welcome to my space!      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More