Two-Rrific little Girl

Baby L
I remember looking at the ultrasound screen and knowing I was looking at our daughter before the ultrasound tech could say the words, "It's a girl!" I watched the itty bitty squiggly baby girl and felt excitement and fear.  Images of big bows, sassy attitudes, and spilled nail polish flashed through my brain.  Fast forward 2 years later....and all the images are true.  The fear I previously felt has turned to enjoyment, to pride, to immense love.  The little girl that scared me so much before she even weighed 1lb., has now turned 2.

Birth                              2 Years
7 lbs 5oz                       24 lbs (14%)
19.5 inches                   28 inches (9%)


This little doll rises and shines around 7am each and every day.  She'll start singing, talking to her stuffed dog or monkey, or she'll say "Mommy, I want out."  I look forward to hearing that sweet little voice because I know I'm about to be greeted with a smile from my little girl.  Her room still smells like a baby each morning when I first walk in.  Her body is so warm and soft as I scoop her up and plant a kiss on the top of her head.  I feel the weight of her getting heavier with each passing week.  Her fuzzy hair tickles my cheek as I hold her close.  She asks "Paisley awake?" and giggles if I tell her he is in the living room playing.  

She asks for breakfast almost as soon as she's rubbed the sleep from her eyes.  She wants oatmeal, every day.  Occasionally I'll make her eat something else (eggs, sausage, fruit, etc.) but she really just wants oatmeal.  

She loves playing with her brother more than anything.  If he's playing trucks, she'll find a truck and push it along behind him.  If he's looking at books, she'll snuggle up next to him and ask him to "read it."  He's her best friend and nemesis all rolled into one.  When he isn't letting her play with him, she finds a doll or animal to take care of.  She can frequently be seen pushing her little doll stroller around our house, carrying either a baby or stuffed puppy.  


If the word "snack" is mentioned, she'll race to her chair at the table, making sure she doesn't miss a bite!  Her favorite snacks are raisins, strawberries, and veggie straws.  She's able to climb in and out of her booster seat without assistance.  She drinks whole milk throughout the day and gets a cup of water at night.  She's a great eater and will try anything.  

She's a fearless little thing and will climb on or up anything she can get her hands on.  She loves riding on the tricycle, in the jeep, on the four wheeler, and encourages her daddy to "go faster" when he's driving the car. 

She's a very social little thing!!  Her weekly activities are story time at the library and Kindermusik.  She loves trips to the grocery and can be heard yelling "hi" to anyone in a 10ft radius.  Don't get to close to her though or she'll hide her eyes and go silent.   

Sometimes I think we should have named her Sassy.  She's learned a few phrases such as "I don't want to," and "No way Jose."  She uses them in the correct manner and it catches me off guard every time I ask her to help Paisley pick up toys and she responds "no way Jose!" Heaven forbid you accidentally call her Paisley....she'll call you out "I'm not Paisley! I'm Lila!"

Her crinkle face
Potty training finally came together the week she turned 2.  She stays dry during the day, napping, and during trips to town, but at night we still wear a diaper.   I don't see us giving up the overnight diaper for another few months.  In the morning she enjoys choosing between her Frozen and Hello Kitty panties.  As we are putting them on she says "Don't pee-pee or poopy in them!"   

She thinks she's a "big" girl, but understands she needs to "get bigger" before she can do the following; have earrings, paint her nails, chew gum, and drink coffee.  Yes, those are all things she has asked to do.  Scott and I are prolonging all of the above mentioned indefinitely.  She has also said she "wants hair like mommy and nana."

She's responsible for helping around the house and has her own set of chores.  She takes her clean clothes from the laundry room and puts them in her room.  She can't reach the drawers her clothes go in, so she puts them on the floor. She helps empty the dishwasher and puts the dishes on the counter.  She's been instructed not to touch knives, so she just does cups, bowls and plates.  She's also responsible for helping her brother put away toys at the end of the day.  She protests this task and often tries to sneak to her bedroom or hide behind the couch to avoid clean up time.  She's also responsible for getting her dirty clothes in a clothes bin and her shoes must be put away in her closet whenever she comes in from outside.  
I think this girl has her dad's skin tone because she turned into my little brown bear this summer.  Her skin got dark, her hair got lighter, and her hazel eyes sparkle.  

Vocally Lila says full blown sentences and communicates her needs and wants without issues.  Occasionally I see the hint of a tantrum brewing, but she's fairly easy to redirect and avoid a full on tantrum.  

She is a mommies girl until daddy comes home from work. She runs at him with her arms raised above her head and wants "Uppy!"  He can barely get his shoes off before she tells him to "wrestle" or "tickle" her.  When she grows tired of that she races to me to "save" her.  

Noon is nap time for our little bean.  She doesn't protest and goes down without a peep.  She sleeps for roughly 1 hr before yelling "Mommy, I'm all done."  I've never seen a kid so easy to get to sleep or so happy to wake up.  

Bedtime comes at 7pm and even if she's in the middle of playing, once we get on jammies, brush teeth and go potty, she goes down without protest.  We say our prayers and sing a bedtime song before lights go out.  She sleeps with 3 special blankets and her goggy (doggy) and stuffed monkey.  The last thing I hear her say is "Love you mostest mommy."


She's my sweet, snuggly, baby girl.  I love those moments she randomly gives me a kiss, hug, or says "I wuv you mommy."  She can't pronounce her "L's" which makes a lot of words sound extra cute.  She pronounces her name as "Yiya" and when she wants you to look at something, she yells "Yook!"  

Likes:
Princesses
Hello Kitty
Bubble Guppies
Coloring
Our cat Edy
Bath Time
Riding in her stroller
Pulling my hair

Dislikes:
Flip Flops
Being told "no"
Having sunscreen applied
Getting sprayed with the garden hose

Two years filled with all the sweetness a little girl can bring.  I can only imagine what the next 2+ years will be like having this sassy angel in our lives.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

Simple Mistakes or Something More

Loss